• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Thigpen

Mike Thigpen

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Old Testament, Hebrew, ANE History, etc.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:25 AM

I'd like to see the size limits greatly increased (or removed altogether) from the range definition. I have a couple of sets of verses, approximately 850 in one study and about 1500 in another, that I'd like to set up as a single range. Since the current limit is 510 characters, I've had to break up the studies materials into multiple groups. For larger studies like dissertations this is a real disadvantage. Some commands need the range to be specific in order to limit the results to the search results and not a larger group.

Thanks,
Mike

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,497 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:41 AM

It will not be easy to expand the limit on the Ranges as defined in the dialog. As a workaround I suggest you save a Search window with all your verse references and use the CONTENTS command to search only those verses, i.e.:
[CONTENTS my references] <AND> my words or my construct

The limit on the search window entry box was raised to allow for very long strings of references.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Mike Thigpen

Mike Thigpen

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for the work around. I've done this, but in some instances it still leaves me a bit lost. One of the things I'd like to have available is the analysis, but unless I've misunderstood, that feature is driven by the range. So, even if I use the work around, I can't restrict the range to just the verses in my search.

I think what I'm looking for is the next step. Accordance was wonderful at searching the entire text to generate a list that I'm working on. Now I'd like to focus Accordance's powerful engine on just those texts I selected, but the group is too large to create as a range. For advanced technical works this would be a great benefit.

Mike

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,497 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:28 PM

The Analysis will work perfectly on just your results. The Range will affect only the display of the graphs, and the extent of the Concordance.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 Mike Thigpen

Mike Thigpen

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:02 AM

Thanks Helen for that clarification. I had known of the limitation regarding the concordance, but had missed that the analysis was not linked to the range. That is very helpful!

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users