4 replies to this topic

#1 Diggertoo

Diggertoo

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

Being new to Accordance I've been practicing creating User Tools and User Notes. I haven't been able to figure out how to completely delete unwanted user tools and notes. I can delete the contents of the file, but the drop down lists under My Tools and My Notes in the resource palette still contain the names of the files I am trying to delete. What am I missing?

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

You want the Library Window (first option under the Window menu, also accessible via the cmd-opt-1 keyboard shortcut), which lets you manipulate your texts and tools.

Also check out episode 6 of the podcast.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 Diggertoo

Diggertoo

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

You want the Library Window (first option under the Window menu, also accessible via the cmd-opt-1 keyboard shortcut), which lets you manipulate your texts and tools.

Also check out episode 6 of the podcast.

Thanks for the fast response. Will be tied up for a while but will look into that after while. Actually didn't expect such a quick response, but, ah, that's the Accordance people for you.

Jay

#4 D. C. Foster

D. C. Foster

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Arabic, Middle Eastern Christianity, The Coptic Church.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem lately (with 10.3.1)… even two weeks ago I deleted something from my library by simply right clicking on the module and selecting remove. But today when I wanted to delete a user note file I found that that option is disabled (for all modules)… any ideas? 

#5 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

If your library is a popover, you can't delete modules.  Be sure to open the Library as a zone to do this.  You can accomplish this by:

1) Preferences -> Workspaces -> Uncheck the 'Always show Library as a popover'

2) Holding down 'shift' when opening the Library for a temporary change to zone

3) If the above don't work, its because you need to have room to show your Library as a zone - make your window bigger, or close some zones so there is room to open the Library.

Once the library is a zone, you should be able to remove without issue.

• D. C. Foster likes this
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users