• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grant Edwards

Grant Edwards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

Are there any plans to add Eerdmans Commentary on the Bible in the near future? I would certainly be interested in this one-volume commentary if it were available on Accordance.

#2 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

The book mentioned in this post title is a massive and (by the looks of it) really helpful commentary that comes to some 1,500 pages--book-by-book, including deuterocanonical and even a little pseudepigrapha.

I'd love to see it join the Eerdmans Companion and Dictionary and Early Judaism Dictionary in Accordance.

And all God's people said...?

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

#3 Dan Francis

Dan Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Are there any plans to add Eerdmans Commentary on the Bible in the near future? I would certainly be interested in this one-volume commentary if it were available on Accordance.

I think of Eerdmans Commentary on the Bible to be the best one volume commentary there is out there right now. I think it is a great shame that the companion dictionary is out there indeed is free with the base Accordance but the companion volume is not. The New Interpreter's Bible One-Volume Commentary is decent but it is not the same quality as Eerdmans. The Oxford Bible Commentary again is a decent one volume one but it is not ECB either. I have  OBC in Logos and NIBOVC in Olivetree and i use each of them every week. I have the ECB in hardcover and use it often but think how much more it would be used if i had it on my computer. My study usually done on the computer. my hard copies get used very little indeed probably 75% of my hard copy Biblical reference works are on my computer. Indeed the only complete mulit-volume i retained was my NIB, and the gospels in Barclay New Daily Study Bible. 

After this rambling I say please give us the ECB.

-Dan

• Abram K-J likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users