Church Fathers Searches

mikes

Does anyone have a good way to search text and/or references restricted to:

1. A particular church father (e.g. all Tertullian's works)
  2. A particular Church Father's Work (e.g. Tertullians "The Five Books Against Marcion")

For example, I'm looking for mentions of John in any of Tertullian's works, then specifically in "The Five Books Against Marcion".

I find myself repeatedly running into this situation. More often, wanting to search within a particular Father's works (e.g. Where did Irenaeus mention Isaiah? Where did Clement of Alexandria mention Plato?)

Use the Range feature in the browser of the tool module. Simply option-click on the title of the father or the work so that it is marked in red. Subsequent searches are limited to that section.

There are many more features of the range for tools, and they are detailed in the Tool window page of the Help files (in Condulting Study Aids).

Use the Range feature in the browser of the tool module. Simply option-click on the title of the father or the work so that it is marked in red. Subsequent searches are limited to that section.

There are many more features of the range for tools, and they are detailed in the Tool window page of the Help files (in Condulting Study Aids).

Wow! Fantastic feature! Thank you SO much for an amazing product!

Mike

Archived