#1 Mick Matousek

Mick Matousek

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:17 PM

My User Notes can be opened and searched individually but when invoking amplify ALL USER NOTES, I get the error "The Text "" Is Not Currently Available". I deleted the User Notes preference and re-added each User Notes individually to no avail. Any ideas where to fix ? This last time I received an additional error as shown in the screen dump.... Accordance 8.3.2 Macosx 10.5.8 Attached File  Acc Err 20091001.jpg   34.45KB   16 downloads

Edited by Mick Matousek, 01 October 2009 - 12:18 PM.

#2 RobM

RobM

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew, ANE languages and literature, Literary Theory
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

My User Notes can be opened and searched individually but when invoking amplify ALL USER NOTES, I get the error "The Text "" Is Not Currently Available". I deleted the User Notes preference and re-added each User Notes individually to no avail. Any ideas where to fix ? This last time I received an additional error as shown in the screen dump.... Accordance 8.3.2 Macosx 10.5.8 Attached File  Acc Err 20091001.jpg   34.45KB   16 downloads

I had the same problem. With the help of Helen, we figured out that you need to reset a preference. Go to the User Notes Window preference. Select a bible text under the Default portion. That should fix the problem.

Edited by RobM, 01 October 2009 - 12:51 PM.

#3 Mick Matousek

Mick Matousek

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

I had the same problem. With the help of Helen, we figured out that you need to reset a preference. Go to the User Notes Window preference. Select a bible text under the Default portion. That should fix the problem.

Thanks Rob. Went to the Accordance Preferences User Notes Window prefs. I reset each to another text. Quit and Restarted Accordance. No change .....

In fact I quit Accordance and moved to the Trash the preferences "Startup session" and "General", restarted. No change....

Edited by Mick Matousek, 01 October 2009 - 01:16 PM.

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,500 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

You can try removing the settings file for User Notes and then adding each one back. It's not clear to me whether it's looking for a User Note file or the Bible text associated with a User Notes file that you have.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 Mick Matousek

Mick Matousek

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

Thanks Helen,

It gets better. :rolleyes: I have removed the User Notes from the Library Window, quit Accordance, then physically removed all User Notes, including some shared folder with a few User Notes. So I restart Accordance, and attempt to create a New User Note from the File menu. Command is ghosted out. So then I use COMMAND + U to create a User Note for the NASB text in the active pane. No go, I get this error.... Attached File  Garbled User Note.jpg   13.75KB   8 downloads

Quit Accordance. Then I moved my User Tools Preference file to the Trash. Try again. Now this when I use COMMAND + U. Attached File  Paragraph Marker.jpg   13.06KB   9 downloads I cannot do a create New User Tool from the File menu as it is ghosted out.

We'll work at it tomorrow..

#6 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,500 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

Command U certainly won't work unless you have at least one User Notes file loaded. I tested, and when I removed the User Notes settings file from user/Library/Accordance Preferences I can create a new Notes file from either the Notes pop-up on the Resource Palette ort the File menu.

Either you are not following this procedure, or something is really messed up. These kinds of issues are best dealt with by screensharing: iChat on Leopard and especially Snow Leopard, and Skype 2.8 have revolutionized tech support for us.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users