• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Daunno

Paul Daunno

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:The Bible / Reading books about the Bible / Gadgets & Technology / Woodworking / Photography
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

Now that I've purchased Accordance I want to uninstall the demo to prepare for installing the "real" one. What is the proper procedure for doing this?

-Paul
Thanks,
-Paul

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:52 PM

You can simply remove the Accordance demo folder from Applications, and the Accordance demo Preferences from user/Library/Preferences.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Donovan R. Palmer

Donovan R. Palmer

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:38 AM

Now that I've purchased Accordance I want to uninstall the demo to prepare for installing the "real" one. What is the proper procedure for doing this?

-Paul

I use app zapper to do uninstalls. It generally gets everything. Welcome to Accordance! You are going to have fun!

Edited by Donovan R. Palmer, 16 October 2009 - 12:39 AM.

#4 Paul Daunno

Paul Daunno

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:The Bible / Reading books about the Bible / Gadgets & Technology / Woodworking / Photography

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:31 AM

You can simply remove the Accordance demo folder from Applications, and the Accordance demo Preferences from user/Library/Preferences.

Thank you Helen. I believe I've found everything and moved it to Trash and also rebooted. I can't wait to install the full version later today.

-Paul
Thanks,
-Paul

#5 Dutchgreen

Dutchgreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

Is the above still accurate for a complete uninstall? I'm trying to put the user files in a non default location. I figured an uninstall/reinstall might be a clean way to go about it.  I've done the above described uninstall, including deleting the OakTree preferences files, and have used AppTrap as well. Still, on a reinstall the Workspace dropdown list still shows a workspace I defined earlier, though It can't find the file if selected. Clearly I've failed to remove something. How do I remove everything from the original installation?

-Jack

#6 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,601 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Orthopædic Surgery

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

HI Jack,

in a standard install there are four places you need to go...

the Accordance application in your /Applications folder

the Accordance Files folder at /user folder/Documents/Accordance Files

The Accordance folder at /user folder/Library/Application Support/Accordance

and the Accordance Preferences folder at /user folder/Library/Preferences/Accordance\ Preferences

You can access the user library area by holding down the option key when you click on the "Go" menu in the Finder

Be careful about non--standard installations. It makes it harder to debug issues. What do you want to do and why? (if I may ask)

Regards
Ken
Lead Australian Accordance Demonstrator

Administrator, Accordance Exchange

Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#7 Dutchgreen

Dutchgreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

Be careful about non--standard installations. It makes it harder to debug issues. What do you want to do and why? (if I may ask)

Thanks Ken:

For many years I've localized all critical files, like documents, databases, images, etc. within a single large backup folder which itself contains various smaller folders. As long as I have that single folder backed up I know that if something happens to my computer I can get back where where I started by reinstalling programs. Over time those files, even separated from the program files, get to be significant in size. Still, though my backup folder is now 20 gigs, I know that if I have a current backup of it I can afford to lose everything else. This technique was much easier on a PC than it is on a Mac. I've found Apple likes to hide folders and distribute a given program's files widely throughout the software. Your excellent list of all the files that have to be deleted is a good example. Another I've found is the common complaint of PC users being frustrated with the obscure way iPhoto hides image file folders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users