2 replies to this topic

#1 Dewayne Davis

Dewayne Davis

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

I am having a strange problem that I am pretty sure just started. I have been doing study in 1-3 John for the last few weeks or so and have the following setup. I have created a Range called John's Epistles limiting the search window. I have done a word search for [NOUN] <OR> [VERB] in the GNT-T displaying in the NRSVS, Message, Outlines, GNT-T, and Cross References. I am trying to use the details window to look for repeated words, and unique words, etc... just to help lead my thinking of the overall passages. But strangely, when I click on the concordance button in the details window, the whole program disappears without any error notification. I had not installed the 8.4 yet and so I did the install and find that the error still occurs. I have tried the search using another Range and had the same result. I changed the search to "love" in the NRSVS and do not get the error. I changed the search to "logos" in Greek of course and do not get the error. I changed the search back to the original [NOUN] <OR> [VERB] , retyping it in new, and it immediately crashed again without error notification. The details window was still open with the concordance displayed, when I did the search, before Accordance disappeared. Leave it to me to break the program...

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:28 AM

I cannot repeat the bug. Please try to narrow it to the minimum setup and actions which repeatedly crashes.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Dewayne Davis

Dewayne Davis

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:08 PM

I cannot repeat the bug. Please try to narrow it to the minimum setup and actions which repeatedly crashes.

I created a new workspace, searched the GNT-T for [VERB] <AND> [NOUN] displaying in the NRSVS; opened details and selected Concordance. Of course this time there was no error. So I went back to my main workspace and now it does not give me an error either. Very strange... Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users