#1 danzac

danzac

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:NT, historical Jesus, DSS, NT Backgrounds

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:06 PM

A few releases back, the great new ability to hover over a Greek word and hold down command would show the info from the first Greek module (or Hebrew, etc)

I would love to see this simple but awesome ability come to footnotes in other modules. Having to click footnotes to see what they say gets a little annoying as you are having to jump back and forth. If the instant details could show the footnote info, it would greatly enhance usability and reading on Accordance.

Thanks, Danny

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,209 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:42 PM

Footnotes have always appeared in Instant Details, as long as I can remember, no need to press the command key. This works only on tools, though. Texts are just not set up to support links at all, but of course, the footnotes can be shown in parallel in a pane in the window.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,826 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:20 PM

A few releases back, the great new ability to hover over a Greek word and hold down command would show the info from the first Greek module (or Hebrew, etc)

I would love to see this simple but awesome ability come to footnotes in other modules. Having to click footnotes to see what they say gets a little annoying as you are having to jump back and forth. If the instant details could show the footnote info, it would greatly enhance usability and reading on Accordance.

Thanks, Danny

Some older tools don't have this, but as they are updated this will be added. Which one did you notice this in, Danny?

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#4 danzac

danzac

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:NT, historical Jesus, DSS, NT Backgrounds

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:51 AM

Aha! I knew this was too simple a request :-) Now that Helen said the obvious, I remember it happening in other modules :-)

I noticed it yesterday when working in the Stevens Greek module, Wallace Greek didn't show either. I just checked and my Wallace Greek is outdated, but not my Stevens Greek.

Thanks for the assistance.

#5 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,826 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:54 AM

Aha! I knew this was too simple a request :-) Now that Helen said the obvious, I remember it happening in other modules :-)

I noticed it yesterday when working in the Stevens Greek module, Wallace Greek didn't show either. I just checked and my Wallace Greek is outdated, but not my Stevens Greek.

Thanks for the assistance.

It's a really simple fix. We'll keep it in mind that Stevens needs to be updated.

Thanks…

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#6 D.S.Moses Nickerson

D.S.Moses Nickerson

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Philology, Church Planting, Homiletics/Rhetoric.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:51 AM

It's a really simple fix. We'll keep it in mind that Stevens needs to be updated.

Thanks…

Perhaps a simple question, but it helped me not ask the same simple question again!
M.Div Student at RTS Charlotte
Leadership Training Coordinator
North Hills Community Church

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users