Photo

Display Full Names

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Real Names or Accordance Abbreviations

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would you prefer an option to display fuller names in the library and drop down menus rather than the abbreviated forms currently required?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 D.S.Moses Nickerson

D.S.Moses Nickerson

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Philology, Church Planting, Homiletics/Rhetoric.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

Ever wondered what JFB or TWOT was over in the library window? How about AGL-T as opposed to AFL-T, APOL-T? Ever wondered who wrote the "Christian Biography" module or what was in the "Scougal" module? It would be very helpful to be able to have a preference item that would allow full names to be displayed by the library window. Even allowing the user to rename modules would be helpful. I wish I could remember all of the abbreviations well, but t it is often confusing, forcing me to go rummaging through the ungainly Read-me file or to take random guesses at what I want.
M.Div Student at RTS Charlotte
Leadership Training Coordinator
North Hills Community Church

#2 mikes

mikes

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:38 AM

Ever wondered what JFB or TWOT was over in the library window? How about AGL-T as opposed to AFL-T, APOL-T? Ever wondered who wrote the "Christian Biography" module or what was in the "Scougal" module? It would be very helpful to be able to have a preference item that would allow full names to be displayed by the library window. Even allowing the user to rename modules would be helpful. I wish I could remember all of the abbreviations well, but t it is often confusing, forcing me to go rummaging through the ungainly Read-me file or to take random guesses at what I want.

I would start by saying I would like to be able to get the full web site details for a module in the instant details window when mousing over a module in the library window. Then when holding down the cmd key, get user notes on that module (i.e. of course this implies an ability to create a note for each module that doesn't exist today).

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

We are planning to make increased information on the modules available in the Library window, maybe not exactly what you have suggested, but much better than now.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 B Tan

B Tan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

It'd be good to have something like Google's live search for the Library, so I don't have to know beforehand what letters the various texts begin with.
  • D.S.Moses Nickerson likes this

#5 Rick Yentzer

Rick Yentzer

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Bible, family, reading, philosophy, apologetics, theology, markup, coding and programming

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

I like what Mike has suggested. I don't just want an option to show the full name, I would like more info about it. It might be nice if this extra info showed in the instant details?
  • D.S.Moses Nickerson likes this
"I'm not afraid of failure. I'm afraid to succeed in something that isn't important." William Carey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users