Photo

iPad

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Poll: iPad

Would you use an iPad Accordance app?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jeremy Horneck

Jeremy Horneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:10 PM

I would love this option.

#2 DanG

DanG

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

How about "No, because I'm not buying an iPad." But I would love an app for my iPhone!

#3 mikes

mikes

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

I would be willing to pay for an app that allowed me access to resources I have already purchased from accordance.

Mike

#4 D.S.Moses Nickerson

D.S.Moses Nickerson

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Philology, Church Planting, Homiletics/Rhetoric.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

I would buy this as long as I did not need to repurchase modules that I already have. If they could not be distributed across devices, I would just be patient and wait to get back to my lap top. I would not be willing to rebuy modules that I already own; I don't even think that would be good stewardship. I would be willing to buy a new architecture to synchronize the library I already have.
M.Div Student at RTS Charlotte
Leadership Training Coordinator
North Hills Community Church

#5 Rod Decker

Rod Decker

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

I haven't order an iPad. Yet. But knowing there was a Accordance app for it would probably accelerate my purchase.
Rodney J. Decker, ThD
Professor of NT & Greek
Baptist Bible Seminary
NTResources.com/blog/

#6 Bev

Bev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Travel, camping, kids and grandkids

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

Yes, I would be willing to purchase an app for my ipad (if and when I should get one), but only if it let me use the modules and bibles I already have on my computer. I would not be interested if it meant having to purchase bibles twice because of copyright laws.

#7 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,497 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:23 PM

We certainly plan that people will be able to use Bibles and other modules that they purchase in Accordance, on the iPod/iPhone/iPad without having to pay again for the content they own.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#8 Bev

Bev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Travel, camping, kids and grandkids

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:47 AM

We certainly plan that people will be able to use Bibles and other modules that they purchase in Accordance, on the iPod/iPhone/iPad without having to pay again for the content they own.

Knowing you wouldn't have to pay extra for your bible modules on ipad, I would most definitely purchase the ipad app!! Now if only I could pay the difference between the two and graft my Oiive Tree software into the Oak Tree Accordance Program, I'd be all set! :D

#9 nikonaddict

nikonaddict

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Photographing the lands of the Bible

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

I purchased a new iPad (32GB) this morning for my wife. I had not planned on buying the iPad the day it came out, but my wife fell in love with it immediately. Though the iPad will never take the place of my office iMacs or MacBook Pro, I can definitely see that it is an awesome machine.

The only reason I did not purchase an iPad for myself is Accordance! Once I can get my Accordance modules to work on an iPad I imagine my MacBook Pro will start collecting dust.

#10 Darin Allen

Darin Allen

Gold

• Accordance
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Technology, Coffee, Gaming

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:23 PM

I also was not planning on buying an iPad on day one, but received one as a birthday present. Needless to say, I truly hope an Accordance app for the iPad finds its way into my hands soon!
Darin Allen
Director of Marketing

#11 Sten-Erik Armitage

Sten-Erik Armitage

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

I echo the sentiments of many. I did not buy an iPad.

However, if an iPad Accordance app were available, not only would I pay for the app (assuming I could use my existing modules) I would run out and buy the iPad!

Ah, the power you wield, Accordance. Apple should pay you to design the app! :)

#12 flips

flips

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Jesus

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

How about "No, because I'm not buying an iPad." But I would love an app for my iPhone!

I might buy iPad later, but I'm really interested in Accordance for my iPhone ... and

I would be willing to pay for an app that allowed me access to resources I have already purchased from accordance.

... as long as I get access to modules I've bought in Accordance, I don't mind paying for the app.

--
flips :)
flips B)

#13 JohnC

JohnC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

I'd be glad to pay for the app, especially if I can use my versions, references and unlocks I've already paid for. I'm waiting for the 3G model before buying an iPad.

#14 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,664 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:10 AM

I'd be glad to pay for the app, especially if I can use my versions, references and unlocks I've already paid for. I'm waiting for the 3G model before buying an iPad.

As of yet, I haven't been able to free up the cash for an iPad. However, I think I'm going to avoid the 3G version. I've found the GPS on my iPhone REALLY drains the battery, no don't want it on my iPad. Besides, I think I'd like to have a choice of carriers for my iPad. I'm thinking that I'll buy Verizon's MiFi instead. [Other carriers are now offering similar devices.] It's ability to connect any WiFi device to the internet is much more versatile, especially since I can connect the whole family and my laptop thorough it while on the road.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#15 WGTShedd

WGTShedd

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Theology, Walking, Rowing (indoor) and Scotch
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:37 AM

This is great news; once the app becomes available, I will purchase an iPad. Right now, I have been limited to Olive Tree (on my iPod Touch and Blackberry) - but to be able to access all my modules through accordance would be a dream come true. That alone is reason enough to compel me to purchase an iPad (and give my iPod Touch to my wife and consider tossing my Blackberry for an iPhone). Looks like I better set aside some money for an iPad now.
Pastor (PCA); B.A., M.A.R., Ph.D.
Adjunct Seminary Professor
Visiting Lecturer in Theology and NT in S. Africa

#16 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Hey

I've reached the point where I can hardly stand to listen to a sermon without a couple of translations plus the GNT in front of me, but because sitting in church with a laptop would distract others, I've put up with the frustration. I will either have to start sitting in the very back with my laptop, or get an iPad equipped with Accordance. I would be very content with an initial app that would

• allow me to have my texts available (and open in parallel),
  • allow me to do a search,
  • have an instant details box.
I do not expect the iPad to replace my MacBook Pro (now my main computer).

I won't be asking for or buying an iPad without Accordance. I agree with Mr. Armitage that Apple should pay you to develop the app. I wonder if they have any idea how many people purchase their machines because of Accordance!

Julie

Julia Falling

Accordance 11

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite Acc 11

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

#17 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,664 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hey

I've reached the point where I can hardly stand to listen to a sermon without a couple of translations plus the GNT in front of me, but because sitting in church with a laptop would distract others, I've put up with the frustration. I will either have to start sitting in the very back with my laptop, or get an iPad equipped with Accordance. I would be very content with an initial app that would

• allow me to have my texts available (and open in parallel),
  • allow me to do a search,
  • have an instant details box.
I do not expect the iPad to replace my MacBook Pro (now my main computer).

I won't be asking for or buying an iPad without Accordance. I agree with Mr. Armitage that Apple should pay you to develop the app. I wonder if they have any idea how many people purchase their machines because of Accordance!

Julie

Wow!

I wish every pastor could have congregants as engaged as you!

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#18 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

Dr. J

Thank you for your encouraging words, but I don't think I'm really all that unusual! We're part of a small (100-120) but growing congregation (Christian & Missionary Alliance). We've got a great bunch of folks who really do listen to the sermons and attend Sunday school because they want to be there. The Lord has greatly blessed us by allowing us to be part of this wonderful little church. Among our members are a retired pastor and some retired missionaries. Lots of kids and youth. Our oldest member is in his 90s.

Julie
  • Ruth Ann likes this

Julia Falling

Accordance 11

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite Acc 11

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

#19 William B

William B

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

I would quite happily pay for this app. I think some kind of sync option would be great, by that I mean that I choose which of my modules goes to my iPad, for instance I would definitally want the bible knowledge commentary, however translation notes and some other stuff I would just leave on my mac. For those who buy the 16GB version (which will be me) space has to be a consideration.

#20 Paul Potash

Paul Potash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:05 AM

My wife and I both own apple computers and iphones. We would be very interested in purchasing iPads if there was an Accordance App, especially since we wouldn't have to purchase the materials again. Thank you Helen.

Edited by Paul Potash, 06 April 2010 - 11:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users