• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Loosley

Steve Loosley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:27 PM

What a watershed event: we have the textual apparatus integrated with our Accordance texts. Yippee!!

By chanace does anyone know how the final release of the textual apparatus will compare to the preliminary release? A few thoughts

If you look at the Logos product here the textual markers are colored to help identify the varriants. The initial release for Accordance is in an all black font. Also, the Logos apparatus fully explains Latin phrases, symbols, codes, etc. At first glace, the Accordance release doesn't seem so clear.

This may be asking for the moon, but it would also be nice if the tagged text referenced the apparatus. This would mean that we'd only need to have one copy of the original text open, not two i.e., not both the tagged text and the text keyed to the apparatus.

Just a few thoughts to pass along to the software developers. My two cents mileage may vary.

-steve.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,232 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:59 AM

I think we should let someone who has actually used both versions of the apparatus comment on the differences, as well as the ease of use. Let me just say:
  • The Instant Details box does display the definition of any abbreviation or hyperlink, and you can also click on the link to go to the list of abbreviations.
  • The prerelease apparati are final, barring any minor corrections. We still need to enter a list of typos that GBS sent us (in their etext of the lexica) and we have not finalized the German version of Accordance for 6.9, so the version on the CD is 6.8de.
  • It would not be easy for us to combine the apparatus markers with the tagged BHS whioch is constantly being updated by Westminster.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Steve Raine

Steve Raine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:09 PM

Hello all--

Is this the Stuttgart Original Language Collection?

How does this compare with the CNTTS Apparatus (other than the latter only covers the Gospels so far)?

I, too, would definitely welcome an 'all-in-one' module.

Steve Raine

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,232 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:00 AM

Yes, it is the Stuttgart Original Language Collection. For a comparison, please see the article by Ruben Gomez.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users