iPhone and iPad apps

Ruth Ann

Accordance and iPhone/iPad apps  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love my Accordance library. I use it everyday.

But I am now using my iPhone and iPad more than my MacBook. And I'll take them on my trip to Israel soon. Are there any thoughts of putting accordance into applications for iPhone and iPad?

I wouldn't need to take my Bible to Israel!

This has been discussed as some length already in these forums. See, for example, this thread and poll

The short answer as I understand it is that the Accordance team does have an iPhone programmer, and they are working on an app, but they want to make sure it works well before releasing it. There is no word on how soon such an app would be available.

My husband just got an iPad, and I would love to be able to use Accordance on it. I currently have Olive Tree's BibleReader and Mantis' free Bible Study app on my iPod Touch. I've been holding out on purchasing anything beyond the NRSV for BibleReader, until the Accordance App is out.

Lorinda

There is also a message on the main site about what they are up to. I'm interested and looking forward to what they have in store.

David

Thanks so much for your answers, David and Lorinda! guess nothing will be available though, before October when I leave on my trip.

I use the Bibles on my iPad that were mentioned, as well. But nothing even comes close to Accordance!!!!

I'll be watching for the app.

I love my Accordance library. I use it everyday.

But I am now using my iPhone and iPad more than my MacBook. And I'll take them on my trip to Israel soon. Are there any thoughts of putting accordance into applications for iPhone and iPad?

I wouldn't need to take my Bible to Israel!

Hi Ruth

Before you take your trip to Israel with your iPad you will want to check to insure Israel is allowing people to bring the iPad into the country. I remember reading an article back in May I believe it was (Just after the iPad came out) that Israel was blocking the iPad from entering the country. Wait here is the article in MacWorld

However,here is another article and it appears Israel has lifted the ban on inputs of the iPad, so maybe you can take it with you.

Have a nice trip! :)

Hi Ruth

Before you take your trip to Israel with your iPad you will want to check to insure Israel is allowing people to bring the iPad into the country. I remember reading an article back in May I believe it was (Just after the iPad came out) that Israel was blocking the iPad from entering the country. Wait here is the article in MacWorld

However,here is another article and it appears Israel has lifted the ban on inputs of the iPad, so maybe you can take it with you.

Have a nice trip! :)

Thank you so much. I never would have given that a thought. I read both of your articles and I might just leave the iPad at home anyway. I need to talk with our trip co-ordinator about my iPhone too!

I am so excited about this trip. Never thought I would get to go to Israel!

I am so excited about this trip. Never thought I would get to go to Israel!

Its an amazing trip. I went to the Holy Lands with my dad when I was just 16. That's been more than a couple years ago LOL. I wish I could go again someday, I think I would appreciate it much more than I did when I was young.

God Bless!

There atre still places available on the Israel Tour with Accordance developers.

I seen that where you all are planning on taking that trip next year, very cool!

Hey Helen, I'm just a poor wedding videographer ... can I get OakTree to break that Holy Land trip down into 36 easy monthly payments for me? haha :)

I'm afraid for now I'll have to go back there via the Accordance Atlas ... if Im approved for the payment plan that is. LOL

Archived