Jump to content


Photo

Making a User Tool Pt. 3. Importing


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Fabian

Fabian

    Gold

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:www.internetkirche.com
    www.iglesia-del-internet.com
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

Hi 

 

Joel

 

I see this in my header when I save as .htm and after go to the html source in MS Word.

 

<meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

 

its not the exact the same like your.

 

If I change to your tag then It looks a little better:-)

 

see the original:

 

Test

 

 

 

lstuwvao

 

öäü

 

 

ßßßßßß

((((

))))

≪≪

≫≫

y

<> 

ñ

 

and from the user tool:

Test

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

lstuwvao

 

 

 

öäu

 

 

 

 

 

ffffff

 

((((

 

))))

 

j"j"

 

k"k"

 

 

y

 

<> 

 

Ò

 

äöü comes good but the rest not.

 

It is possible that Accordance can handle what MS Word or Libre Office does tagged?

MS Word

<meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

 

So we not have to change always the tag.

 

Thanks for your help.


Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

 

Yosemite 10.10.1

Accordance 11.0.2

 

iPhone 4S

iOS 8.1.1


#22 Fabian

Fabian

    Gold

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:www.internetkirche.com
    www.iglesia-del-internet.com
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

No sorry the problem is still there.

 

I've seen that it has it not saved with your solution. MS Word give then an alert. It has it changed from utf-8 to unicode.

 

Is it possible that the different language in the header  is a problem?


Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

 

Yosemite 10.10.1

Accordance 11.0.2

 

iPhone 4S

iOS 8.1.1


#23 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

    Administrator

  • Admin
  • 2,995 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

Fabian, do you mind uploading your html file so we can take a look for ourselves?  Also, if you are just copying and pasting, why not copy and paste into the user tool directly?


Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#24 Fabian

Fabian

    Gold

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:www.internetkirche.com
    www.iglesia-del-internet.com
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hello Joel

 
1. At the moment I can only a few lines copy into a user tool. Even if the text is longer, a bug too. see below
 
2. with copy over .docx or .txt it comes not correct too, look at this  ⬇︎ the Umlaut (and also the ß for the german sharp S comes as fi )

A [1]
[1] 1. A, a, der erste Buchstabe des lateinischen Alphabets.   Als Abk¸rzung: 1) = der Vorname Aulus.   

2) = Antiquo (ich verwerfe den neuen Vorschlag), auf den Stimmtafeln in rˆm. Volksversammlungen.   

3) = Absolvo (ich spreche frei), auf den Stimmtafeln der Richter; dah. A gen. littera salutaris bei Cic. Mil. 15.   

4) vor Zahlen, Jahresbezeichnung

 

more than this goes not at once. And sometimes only a few character

 

3. copy direct loose the format (bold, italic, h1, links)

4. So it were be nice if it goes over MS Word as .htm

   over TextEdit or Libre Office it goes not, because they save it as .html and Accordance can't recognize it.

 

Joel, I'm not permitted to upload a .htm file in the basic and advanced uploader. 


Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

 

Yosemite 10.10.1

Accordance 11.0.2

 

iPhone 4S

iOS 8.1.1


#25 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

    Administrator

  • Admin
  • 2,995 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

Fabian, We've had a chance to look at your HTML file.  The header used there is fine - Accordance is recognizing it as UTF-8.  We've found two bugs in the import.  First, it was stripping line breaks that weren't marked with a <br>, rather than turning them into spaces.  This caused your words running together.  Second, if it encountered one unicode character it couldn't handle (ā) it would skip all of the other unicode characters it can normally handle (like ß or greek characters).

 

Both of these bugs have been fixed for the next release, so you should experience a much smoother job soon.


Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users