• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GPauley

GPauley

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy; Biblical Languages and textual criticism; theology.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

The admin people here are about to install Windows 7 on my netbook. Does anyone now if Basilisk II works ok with Windows 7?
Gary Pauley Teaching Pastor Mill Creek Community Church / www.millcreek-kc.org

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,975 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

Gary: Basilisk works fine, but if they install 64bit Windows you will not be able to read a CD-ROM. The DVDs that we produce especially for the PC will be fine, and you can contact tech support for alternatives for any CD-ROMs you have.

If you copy the accpc folder and the Accordance files folder from another Windows system (or this one before they wipe it) you won't need to reinstall. Of course your techs may not approve.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 RonMiller

RonMiller

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:13 AM

Gary: Basilisk works fine, but if they install 64bit Windows you will not be able to read a CD-ROM. The DVDs that we produce especially for the PC will be fine, and you can contact tech support for alternatives for any CD-ROMs you have.

If you copy the accpc folder and the Accordance files folder from another Windows system (or this one before they wipe it) you won't need to reinstall. Of course your techs may not approve.

Oops! Recopying fixed the problem, at least, for the moment.
I will piggyback on this since it's my problem as well.

Dell Presario 530 with Windows 7 (64 bit) replacing Windows XP Home, Running BasiliskII produces the expected reports
"CDenable.dll missing" and "Could not open ethernet.."

Once I arrive at the desktop I can run QuickTime, and the various text editors in the Launchpad.

Any Accordance link produces 'I/O Error #-44 in the file "Accordance Setting f"

I had copied my accpc folder from another machine and get these results. Any suggestions rather than digging out the old installation disks?

Edited by RonMiller, 04 August 2010 - 10:47 AM.

--
Ron Miller (The Rev. Ronald H.) Baltimore, MD
Every individual will receive from God the amount of indulgence he has himself given to his neighbor.
Augustine, quoted by Defensor Grammaticus

#4 miqraot

miqraot

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:39 AM

Now I got it.

Thanks for your kind explanation.
P.O.Box 24094 Mt.Scopus, Jerusalem 91240, ISRAEL
ICKSANG LEE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users