Windows 7 and Basilisk II

Gary Pauley

The admin people here are about to install Windows 7 on my netbook. Does anyone now if Basilisk II works ok with Windows 7?

Gary: Basilisk works fine, but if they install 64bit Windows you will not be able to read a CD-ROM. The DVDs that we produce especially for the PC will be fine, and you can contact tech support for alternatives for any CD-ROMs you have.

If you copy the accpc folder and the Accordance files folder from another Windows system (or this one before they wipe it) you won't need to reinstall. Of course your techs may not approve.

Gary: Basilisk works fine, but if they install 64bit Windows you will not be able to read a CD-ROM. The DVDs that we produce especially for the PC will be fine, and you can contact tech support for alternatives for any CD-ROMs you have.

If you copy the accpc folder and the Accordance files folder from another Windows system (or this one before they wipe it) you won't need to reinstall. Of course your techs may not approve.

Oops! Recopying fixed the problem, at least, for the moment.

I will piggyback on this since it's my problem as well.

Dell Presario 530 with Windows 7 (64 bit) replacing Windows XP Home, Running BasiliskII produces the expected reports

"CDenable.dll missing" and "Could not open ethernet.."

Once I arrive at the desktop I can run QuickTime, and the various text editors in the Launchpad.

Any Accordance link produces 'I/O Error #-44 in the file "Accordance Setting f"

I had copied my accpc folder from another machine and get these results. Any suggestions rather than digging out the old installation disks?

• 8 months later...

Now I got it.

Thanks for your kind explanation.

Archived