2 replies to this topic

#1 JamesN

JamesN

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:46 PM

I have a Mac dual 867 running System 10.3.9, 1.75kGB of RAM and plenty of hard disk space. I have attempted 3 times to upgrade 6.9 with the 6.9.1 updater and each time it quickly spins up to all but 31 remaining files to update which it apparently cannot find. I left it for at least 3/4's hour before force quitting the update package, deleting the partial 6.9.1 file, restarting the computer and trying again. Each time with the same results.

Any suggestions? Should I try double clicking on 6.9.1 and seeing what happens? I am afraid of possibly messing up preference files if I try to start up 6.9.1 before the installer completey finishes the installation.

Do I need to try again and let it sit overnight trying to finish the 31 remaining files? Would appreciate your suggestions.

Jim

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,497 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:52 PM

That should be plenty of time. I do not know what is happening, but if the icon of 6.9.1 looks OK, you are probably OK to try it. I would first make a copy of the Accordance settings folder just in case. It is always good to have a backup of that file.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 JamesN

JamesN

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:45 PM

Thanks,

It seems to work OK even without the 31 missing files (whatever they might have been).

Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users