62 replies to this topic

#21 TjpwX

TjpwX

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

Just move it to the desktop, so it isn't read, but isn't permanently deleted just yet.

Unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem Startup->Last Session still causes it to crash when trying to start A9.

#22 TjpwX

TjpwX

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:30 AM

I really don't get the zones thing, but I haven't given up yet. :) However, I tried what you just suggested... I triple-clicked on a word to open it's keyed definition, and it opened in a tab. I moved the tab to a zone. I closed the zone, and then triple-clicked on another word and it opened in a tab. Repeat. Repeat. No change. Am I misunderstanding things?

Keep working at understanding the zones. It's one of the best features of version 9.

#23 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,203 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

When I open up BDAG or Halot in a zone, the text bleeds off the right edge with no horizontal scroll bar.

Comparing my screen with Bryan's, mine doesn't bleed off as badly as his does, which is probably a font issue (I switched to Adobe Garamond years ago so that I could be just like David Lang :rolleyes: ).

Attached File  Screen shot 2010-09-17 at 11.29.23 AM.png   495.08KB   55 downloads

But at the very least, can I say how really nice it is to have BDAG in the same window as my text? No more lining up two separate windows!

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2013 8" Dell Venue 8 Pro - 1.33 Ghz Atom, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, Verizon

#24 TjpwX

TjpwX

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:41 AM

Just move it to the desktop, so it isn't read, but isn't permanently deleted just yet.

Did the startup session corrupt my workspace? In other words, after moving the startup session to the desktop, should I create a new workspace or can I use one I currently have? As I mentioned above, it's still crashing and I wondered if the workspace is now corrupted.

#25 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

Yes, probably that workspace is corrupted as well.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#26 TjpwX

TjpwX

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

That didn't work either. Now even when Startup->Default Search Window is set and I try to open an workspace (which was newly created after dumping the corrupted startup session), the program crashes. It will open again, but now it seems the problem is not with startup but with workspace feature. I'm baffled.

#27 Ahshuwah Hawthorne

Ahshuwah Hawthorne

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

I am watching this forum a little before installing the pre-release. I really don't want any of my workspaces corrupted. What can I do to make sure this doesn't happen?

Also, will there be a 2nd pre-release put out later today with a few more bug fixes?

thanks.

#28 Sean R.

Sean R.

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:59 AM

Here's a bug:

After installing v. 9, I checked for updates and downloaded an update to the OT in NT parallel database. As soon as it finished installing the updated module, Accordance 9 crashed. After restarting it, I logged in to Easy Install and downloaded the v. 9 starter package to get the additional non-English Bibles included in the starter package. After downloading, Accordance crashed as soon as it finished installing the modules. When restarted, the modules are installed and open without any trouble.
Sean Reed

#29 Tom Castle

Tom Castle

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

Here's a bug:

After installing v. 9, I checked for updates and downloaded an update to the OT in NT parallel database. As soon as it finished installing the updated module, Accordance 9 crashed. After restarting it, I logged in to Easy Install and downloaded the v. 9 starter package to get the additional non-English Bibles included in the starter package. After downloading, Accordance crashed as soon as it finished installing the modules. When restarted, the modules are installed and open without any trouble.

I can verify this. I did the Easy Install for the Library 9 Premier upgrade. It downloaded the modules and installed the module but immediately crashed. I reopened A9 and the modules seem to be correctly installed (I saw and opened Ungers which is a new module for Premier 9 correct?)
In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

#30 Ulf

Ulf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

Just goes to show that we shouldn't jump on the bandwagon too soon. I can confirm that the startup session bug jinxed my workspace.

<sigh>

Ah well, I was meaning to tweak it anyway.

Here's a thought: I restored 8 and immediately regretted it. It took only an afternoon for me to be 'more comfortable' in 9.

When this stabilizes it's going to be an even more awesome product. Well done.

#31 Outis

Outis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, Mountain Biking, Swimming,Translating Hebrew & Greek, good coffee, loose-leaf tea, homebrewing, stinky candles.

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

I got the same thing going on (that bleedover off the right side of the screen).
Pastor Steve Bauer

stevebauer.us
pastorbauer--> at <--gmail.com

sic fatvs nocti se miscvit atrae...

#32 TjpwX

TjpwX

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:36 PM

I can verify this. I did the Easy Install for the Library 9 Premier upgrade. It downloaded the modules and installed the module but immediately crashed. I reopened A9 and the modules seem to be correctly installed (I saw and opened Ungers which is a new module for Premier 9 correct?)

This happened to me too when installing the BDAG/HALOT bundle.

#33 Outis

Outis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, Mountain Biking, Swimming,Translating Hebrew & Greek, good coffee, loose-leaf tea, homebrewing, stinky candles.

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

Is this a bug, or do I just need some advice?

Here's the issue: When I amplify a bible verse to one of my favorite workspaces it opens a new window (which is normal). However when I drag that "mixed" window into the other workspace, that's when the weird stuff starts. When I try to amplify the next verse (moving from verse one to verse two, for example) with my 'favorite' workspace it opens a brand new workspace instead of producing the contents in the 'favorites' pane already created at the bottom of the page.

In the previous version I really liked the favorite workspaces. I could search for a verse in the favorite workspace and then tile (command-I) the contents. Now, it just crashes the entire application if I try to do that.

Also, I get some strange artifacts on the screen after I add stuff to a workzone (see on the top left side of the attached screenshot).Attached File  favorite.jpg   576.08KB   38 downloads
Pastor Steve Bauer

stevebauer.us

#34 Outis

Outis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

Ok, I have one more bug posting to make. And then I'll be quiet.

Some of the sections from HALOT and NIDOTTE which I copied into my user notes now have the english fonts changed and the sizes changed as well. Is there an easy way to fix this (remove a preference file or something)? See attached screenshot. Attached File  big-fonts.jpg   426.7KB   19 downloads
Pastor Steve Bauer

stevebauer.us

#35 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,048 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:44 PM

To everybody that has bad workspaces, if you can send them to me (Via PM, e-mail, or just attach to this forum), we can test them to see why they are getting corrupted and hopefully fix it soon. If I don't get any sample workspaces that are getting corrupted, it'll be much harder to find the bug, so please send them.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#36 Tom Castle

Tom Castle

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:03 PM

To everybody that has bad workspaces, if you can send them to me (Via PM, e-mail, or just attach to this forum), we can test them to see why they are getting corrupted and hopefully fix it soon. If I don't get any sample workspaces that are getting corrupted, it'll be much harder to find the bug, so please send them.

Joel,
What are we looking for to tag a workspace corrupted? Is the bleed off issue an example?
In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

#37 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

Joel means to send him the saved file, not post the picture.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#38 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,048 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

Joel,
What are we looking for to tag a workspace corrupted? Is the bleed off issue an example?

No, this is for the workspaces that become corrupted when loading into 9.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#39 Outis

Outis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:17 PM

I tried to upload the file to the forum here. But I get this warning:

"You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

Any other options for delivery?
Pastor Steve Bauer

stevebauer.us

#40 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

Email it to me. Everyone knows my address.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users