Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,733 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

I tried to upload the file to the forum here. But I get this warning:

"You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

Any other options for delivery?

If you compress it as a .zip, it should be allowed for upload.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#42 Bryan Lilly

Bryan Lilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

Comparing my screen with Bryan's, mine doesn't bleed off as badly as his does, which is probably a font issue (I switched to Adobe Garamond years ago so that I could be just like David Lang :rolleyes: ).

But at the very least, can I say how really nice it is to have BDAG in the same window as my text? No more lining up two separate windows!

Yep. Changing font cleared it up.

Though I was using the default font, so it might still need to be looked into for "it just works" reasons?

And yes, zones are a beautiful thing! Having both right there visible at the same time is a great thing.

#43 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

Thanks to everyone who sent me a workspace. To clarify a few things:

This is primarily concerned with the 'corrupting startup session' bug. Most of the other bugs we are aware of and can easily reproduce, but we need these corrupt workspaces to reproduce. However, the trick is that we need the workspaces before 9 corrupts them! So, for the people who claimed that when upgrading to 9, their startup session was hosed, can you use Time Machine, recall the pre-9 version, and send that to me? My e-mail is joel@accordancebible.com. Alternatively, you can post it to this thread, but you must compress as a .zip first. Thanks again, everyone.
Joel Brown

#44 Tom Castle

Tom Castle

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:05 PM

Found another one. It may or may not be a bug but I can't imagine that it's not.
1. Open Thompson Chain References. It opens in a horizontal position (Screenshot 1)
2. Grab Thompson window and slide it over into its Zone. It changes to a vertical position and halves the screen (Screenshot 2)
3. I grab the divider to resize and it seems to snap and lock into the position shown in Screenshot 3). Once it does this, I cannot resize the Thompson zone. It is locked and I have to move it back to the horizontal position and then bring it back. It seems that I cannot pick a size between the half screen or the position in the 3rd Screenshot. Shouldn't that be dynamic?
Attached File  1_Horizontal.png   242.23KB   38 downloads Attached File  2_Vertical.png   367.67KB   36 downloads Attached File  3_Vertical Locked.png   373.61KB   28 downloads

Edited by Tom Castle, 17 September 2010 - 09:08 PM.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

#45 Nathaniel Brown

Nathaniel Brown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

When I open up and then try to print a Syntax pane, the print job shows up empty and the contents which should be in the syntax pane appear over my search text. Attached File  Screen shot 2010-09-17 at 9.13.43 PM.JPG   524.84KB   40 downloads

#46 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

Found another one. It may or may not be a bug but I can't imagine that it's not.
1. Open Thompson Chain References. It opens in a horizontal position (Screenshot 1)
2. Grab Thompson window and slide it over into its Zone. It changes to a vertical position and halves the screen (Screenshot 2)
3. I grab the divider to resize and it seems to snap and lock into the position shown in Screenshot 3). Once it does this, I cannot resize the Thompson zone. It is locked and I have to move it back to the horizontal position and then bring it back. It seems that I cannot pick a size between the half screen or the position in the 3rd Screenshot. Shouldn't that be dynamic?
Attached File  1_Horizontal.png   242.23KB   38 downloads Attached File  2_Vertical.png   367.67KB   36 downloads Attached File  3_Vertical Locked.png   373.61KB   28 downloads

This may be due to the presence of your small pane. When resizing, all panes are resized proportionally, so since that pane is at minimum width, it won't allow your search tab to go smaller. Try removing the pane, or increasing its width, then dragging the divider. I'm not sure why its snapping just yet, though.

When I open up and then try to print a Syntax pane, the print job shows up empty and the contents which should be in the syntax pane appear over my search text. Attached File  Screen shot 2010-09-17 at 9.13.43 PM.JPG   524.84KB   40 downloads

Are you referring to printing the new syntax tree pane, or the syntax tab as shown in your screenshot?
Joel Brown

#47 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study & Accordance!, Puritans and John Calvin, Old Testament study - especially Leviticus, Model Railroading, Apple Computers, & Fountain Pens

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:58 PM

Easy Install is showing I have the Atlas Sampler to download. I already had it installed when I did the upgrade and the installed Atlas Sampler works fine in Accordance 9.

Even though I knew it was installed, I went ahead and told Easy Install to install it again. It downloaded the Atlas Sampler and appeared to install it. However, it is still showing as 'not installed' in Easy Install and available to download.
Peace!

Greg

"I was but a Pen in God's hand, and what praise is due to a Pen?"

–Richard Baxter–

#48 Martin Shields

Martin Shields

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:14 AM

I've not seen any of the display problems noted here, but I have found that any attempt to print when there's a syntax pane displayed (that's the new BHS-W4 Syntax for Genesis) then Accordance quits. It does quit with impressive speed, though!

#49 ChristianB

ChristianB

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:23 AM

The upgrade from 8 to 9 deleted a user bible I downloaded from http://www.accordanc...ange/bibles.htm
Had to download it again and move it to /Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Shared User Bibles/ … open and everything works fine now.

#50 Ruben Gomez

Ruben Gomez

Gold

• Accordance
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:35 AM

When I try to auto-scroll a text pane by Command-clicking on the up or down arrows, Accordance crashes!

#51 Bob Deacon

Bob Deacon

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:59 AM

When I try to auto-scroll a text pane by Command-clicking on the up or down arrows, Accordance crashes!

I have the same problem. Noticed it at the Wash. seminar yesterday.

Bob Deacon
Retired Pastor

Murfreesboro, NC

#52 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,222 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:37 AM

I've not seen any of the display problems noted here, but I have found that any attempt to print when there's a syntax pane displayed (that's the new BHS-W4 Syntax for Genesis) then Accordance quits. It does quit with impressive speed, though!

Oops. We cannot support printing or export of the syntax yet, but it certainly shouldn't crash. It will be fixed by Monday.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#53 Ruben Gomez

Ruben Gomez

Gold

• Accordance
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:57 AM

Here's another bug:

When I amplify from a selected word in a Keyed Bible text (KJVS) to a Hebrew or Greek Tool in the Resource palette with the Option key pressed, the tool opens but does not search for the underlying original word (even though the Hebrew/Greek word is actually found in the Hebrew or Greek Entry field).

#54 jfidel

jfidel

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:43 AM

Here is the senario: open a workspace, set windows to tie, save the workspace. Close Accordance, open Accordance so it is set to open to the last workspace and the ties are gone. I can open the saved workspace and they are still there.

UPDATE: The Set/Tie function is very inconsistent once Accordance is closed and restarted. I am having to re-tie 5-8 windows each time. Here is my setup:

The Commentaries and Bible Text are all tied to the Comparative pane.

Attached Files

Edited by jfidel, 18 September 2010 - 08:15 AM.

#55 jfidel

jfidel

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:48 AM

I cannot relocate the bibles in the center pane if they are organized horizontally.

Attached Files

#56 Tom Castle

Tom Castle

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:48 AM

This may be due to the presence of your small pane. When resizing, all panes are resized proportionally, so since that pane is at minimum width, it won't allow your search tab to go smaller. Try removing the pane, or increasing its width, then dragging the divider. I'm not sure why its snapping just yet, though.

Joel,
I'm not trying to make the Thompson pane smaller. From Image 2, where everything is centered up, as soon as I drag to the right to just make the Thompson pane slightly smaller than the main zone to the left, it snaps to the position in Image 3 and I cannot resize again at all without moving the pane back to the horizontal position from Image 1.
In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

#57 Tom Castle

Tom Castle

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:55 AM

Joel,
I'm not trying to make the Thompson pane smaller. From Image 2, where everything is centered up, as soon as I drag to the right to just make the Thompson pane slightly smaller than the main zone to the left, it snaps to the position in Image 3 and I cannot resize again at all without moving the pane back to the horizontal position from Image 1.

UPDATE: I closed the Workspace that I was using from Version 8 (the ones in the pictures). I set A9 prefs to Default Search Window instead of Default Session. It opened up my standard bible text only. When I opened Thompson, it opened in a vertical position to the right of the text and the screen was halved. I am able to incrementally resize the window left and right as designed. Apparently my workspace from A8 is corrupted as well?
In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle

#58 Tom Castle

Tom Castle

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

I cannot relocate the bibles in the center pane if they are organized horizontally.

jfidel - How did you custom name the zones?
In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle

#59 jfidel

jfidel

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

jfidel - How did you custom name the zones?

If you are consistent with what you include in the zones, ie. texts, reference tools, the program will include the name automatically. Once you mix them, then you get the Mixed title, or just Texts if you mix English and Original language texts. Hope this helps.

#60 D.S.Moses Nickerson

D.S.Moses Nickerson

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Philology, Church Planting, Homiletics/Rhetoric.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

Resizing the search area with multiple horizontal texts seems to cause the program to lock up. This seems reproducible, shutting down accordance and trying again with the same scenario.
Attached File  Screen shot 2010-09-18 at 11.21.59 AM.png   247.79KB   17 downloads
M.Div Student at RTS Charlotte
Leadership Training Coordinator
North Hills Community Church

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users