#1 TjpwX

TjpwX

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:13 AM

Accordance 9.0

Even though I have deleted the 'Start Session' file from user->Library->Preferences->Accordance Preferences and have cleared out old workspaces from version 8, the program crashes when I start it. When Startup->Default Search Window is selected, all is well. At that point I can select a workspace to open. So, does anyone have an idea when 'last session' startup causes it to crash. BTW, I can easily reproduce this. Thanks.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,104 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

We are working on the issue. See this topic. In the meantime you can ziop up and post your startup session, but keep your settings on Default window for now.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 TjpwX

TjpwX

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

We are working on the issue. See this topic. In the meantime you can ziop up and post your startup session, but keep your settings on Default window for now.

Here are two startup sessions. Both crashed. Not sure why there are two. I renamed the second one.

Attached Files

#4 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for posting the files. However, they do not crash on any of the machines over here. Perhaps I can work with you in person at some point and find the cause of the crash? My theory is a corrupt module preference, but I am not sure, as we cannot reproduce it internally.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#5 TjpwX

TjpwX

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for posting the files. However, they do not crash on any of the machines over here. Perhaps I can work with you in person at some point and find the cause of the crash? My theory is a corrupt module preference, but I am not sure, as we cannot reproduce it internally.

Let me know when you're available and we can Skype. If you can't identify the problem, what do you suggest? Reinstall v.8 and install 9 again?

Edited by TjpwX, 19 September 2010 - 10:10 PM.

#6 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

It's OK, another user allowed us to play on his Mac and Joel just found the crash. It happens when you have it set to Last Session and you have not suppressed the Opening Text Information, both on the General Preferences page. Change either of those preferences, and it should startup fine. Of course we will fix the bug for 9.0.1.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#7 TjpwX

TjpwX

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

It's OK, another user allowed us to play on his Mac and Joel just found the crash. It happens when you have it set to Last Session and you have not suppressed the Opening Text Information, both on the General Preferences page. Change either of those preferences, and it should startup fine. Of course we will fix the bug for 9.0.1.

That fixed it. Thanks. Great work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users