Emulator in Windows 7 64

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jon Falkenstein

Jon Falkenstein

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Pastoral ministry with an eye for Greek & Hebrew exegesis.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

Easy question here (probably): Will the emulator be able to access CDs in Windows 7 64? I see in various places that there are difficulties with this (if not impossibilities) with Vista 64, but I haven't seen whether or not this is true for Windows 7 64.

Furthermore, is the emulator then able to access the Accordance DVDs at all? Or is there not any 68k installers on the DVD?

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

64 bit Windows 7 will not let BasiliskII read a CD, but we offer special downloadable alternatives. The Primary DVD and Graphics DVD have specially formatted counterparts which bypass this issue and install fine in BasiliskII, as long as you have a DVD drive.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Jon Falkenstein

Jon Falkenstein

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Pastoral ministry with an eye for Greek & Hebrew exegesis.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

What are the "specially formulated counterparts" you're talking about? I have the accordance 8.1 DVD.

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

The 8.1 DVD cannot be read in Windows. We had a set of 6 CDs for PC for 8.1, but you cannot read those on 64 bit. You can order the 8.4-PC DVD which has HFV files which will plug into Basislisk and work as additional partitions. You can install Accordance from those files. The DVD costs $15 if you have Accordance 8. The Graphics PC DVD also comes with an HFV file which plugs in to Basilisk. For details read the Emulatormanual5 which you can access on our Downloads: Documentation page.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 GPauley

GPauley

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy; Biblical Languages and textual criticism; theology.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

64 bit Windows 7 will not let BasiliskII read a CD, but we offer special downloadable alternatives. The Primary DVD and Graphics DVD have specially formatted counterparts which bypass this issue and install fine in BasiliskII, as long as you have a DVD drive.

My church just got me Thinkpad...a portable one with no DVD/CD drive. Hoping installation won't be a problem. How do I get those specially formatted counterparts you mentioned for installing?

Gary Pauley Teaching Pastor Mill Creek Community Church / www.millcreek-kc.org

#6 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

Gary:

Installation will be a huge problem. Why, oh why, didn't you get a MacBook Air? You will need to get a DVD drive and order the special PC DVDs from OakTree. We really cannot post the entire Primary PC DVD for download, although downloads of some CDs are available. Keith in tech support will be glad to help you, but I don't promise it will be simple or easy.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#7 GPauley

GPauley

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:57 PM

Gary:

Installation will be a huge problem. Why, oh why, didn't you get a MacBook Air? You will need to get a DVD drive and order the special PC DVDs from OakTree. We really cannot post the entire Primary PC DVD for download, although downloads of some CDs are available. Keith in tech support will be glad to help you, but I don't promise it will be simple or easy.

Thx Helen. I was purchased for me. I will just have to work through it.

#8 GPauley

GPauley

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

Gary:

Helen...just thought I'd let you know I spend just a couple of hours and now have Basilisk II and all my modules installed and working on a Windows 7 64 bit system. No problem. A little working around and it came together just fine...because Accordance is such an awesome program. Thanks!

Edited by GPauley, 29 March 2011 - 09:34 AM.

#9 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

Glad to hear it.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic