#1 Tom Castle

Tom Castle

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

Ok.. so I was playing with the Simple Construct window today. I was attempting to emulate the 'simple' constructs that were demonstrated on the DVD. So I attempted the Holy, Holy, Holy construct from the video. My results are nothing like the ones from the DVD. On the video, it came up with 5 places in the scripture. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or is this a bug?

Here are my results along with the construct window... Attached File  Picture 4.png   301.8KB   18 downloads
In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:11 AM

Buried in the "New Features in Version 9" in the Help, the very last item reads:

Significant Changes

NEW to version 9: Adjacent columns in a Construct window do not necessarily indicate adjacent words in the search results, unless a WITHIN of 1 is used

So just drag a WITHIN above each of the AGREEs and set each to 1 to get immediately adjacent occurrences.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 Andy Crim

Andy Crim

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:31 AM

You can also span the arguments using a WITHIN like this:

Attached Files

Edited by Andy Crim, 25 September 2010 - 10:49 AM.

#4 Tom Castle

Tom Castle

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:41 AM

Buried in the "New Features in Version 9" in the Help, the very last item reads:

So just drag a WITHIN above each of the AGREEs and set each to 1 to get immediately adjacent occurrences.

You can also use span the arguments using a WITHIN like this:

Thank you gentlemen... Thats perfect :)
In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users