#1 Jonna Schmidt

Jonna Schmidt

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

I had another question. Helen, you helped me get set up with Accordance 9 about 10 days ago. Then, I was able to get "up and running" on my laptop. However, when I got home from the accordance conference, for some crazy reason, my GREEK fonts are not proper. You may recall, that initially, my Hebrew fonts were wrong -- but now the Hebrew fonts are "good to go". The Greek appears as follows

Prose÷cete [de«] th\n dikaiosu/nhn uJmw◊n mh\ poiei√n e¶mprosqen tw◊n aÓnqrw¿pwn pro\ß to\ qeaqhvnai aujtoi√ß: ei˙ de« mh/ ge, misqo\n oujk e¶cete para» twˆ◊ patri« uJmw◊n twˆ◊ e˙n toi√ß oujranoi√ß.

I don't know if this is a bug -- my other 2 Macs display the Greek fonts just fine.
If you can investigate in the next few weeks, let me know.

Thanks

Hope that you are able to get some much-needed rest!

Jonna from Michigan

#2 Steve King

Steve King

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:50 AM

Under the "Technical Support" forum there is a topic "Greek/Hebrew Fonts Gone" which may help you resolve the issue. I had a similar problem on my Mac laptop.

The suggestion was to try re-installing 9.0.3 or using "font fixer" (Available under Accordance Downloads - Program installers). However neither of those initially worked for me so I manually removed the relevant fonts that I was having trouble with (Helena for Greek and Yehudit for Hebrew) using the OS X application 'font book' then re-installed 9.0.3 and it worked fine.

Hope this helps

Steve

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:57 AM

The FontFixer utility usually clears out all our fonts and reinstalls a clean copy. Sometimes it is necessary to look at FontBook and make sure (using Show Info within the program) that each style of the font is simply accessing Library/Fonts/fontname.famTrueType. Any other location or font should be diabled or removed. There are more details in Accordance Fonts PDF.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users