Photo

Cross References do not follow the search!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LW3

LW3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Walking, Running, Music
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:47 AM

I doing a reference search using ESVS and noticed that the "ESV cross references" do not follow the search window (see attached snapshot of the screen).

Here is my example:

In Acc-9, I can do a word search on “conflict” or any other word. All scripture references associated with conflict open in the workspace. In addition. I can then click on a reference under ESV cross references (in this case note “d” which is associated with Phil 1:30) which opens a window in a new zone. However, and as you will notice, none of the notes follow (see attached).

This creates a problem in that cross references should serve as a chain-link so users can follow references until reaching the end of the chain. I believe this is how Acc-8 worked (but I can’t be certain).

Please note the Thompson chain references work correctly.

Any light you can shed on this “problem” will be greatly appreciated!

LW3

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,114 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:05 AM

I do not see an attached picture. However, the following along should occur in a text tab. Keep that open with a cross references pane. Remember that tabs can also be ties together so that they follow each other.

Accordance does not always duplicate all the panes when it opens a new tab. It should do so when you click the Search on the Resource Palette, but not necessarily for other amplify features.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users