#1 James Tucker

James Tucker

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

This may be or may not be known. If it has please feel free to delete this post.

When building a search argument, with words selected, an error occurs when using the keystroke (⇧⌘W). For example, I begin searching for the lexeme פקד=
[attachment=1112:Screen shot 2010-10-10 at 7.17.16 PM.png]

Then, if I want to search for this lexeme and the definite direct object (DDO) morpheme within a defined amount of words (<within ? Words>), I attempt to key in my <within ? words> command with they keystroke. It deletes what I entered thus far and inserts curly brackets:
[attachment=1113:Screen shot 2010-10-10 at 7.22.55 PM.png]

Can anybody reduplicate this?

N.B.: If I type or enter the search command from the menu, this does not happen — which leads me to suspect the keystroke command.

Thanks Accordance Team for all the hard work!
:D

Edited by James T, 10 October 2010 - 06:34 PM.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,500 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

James:

The keystroke is working for me, so you need to show me with screenshare exactly what you are doing.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 James Tucker

James Tucker

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

James:

The keystroke is working for me, so you need to show me with screenshare exactly what you are doing.

Thanks for responding, Helen. Your response sent me on a search, since your keystroke was operable. I forgot that I wrote a macro for morph tagging and had not delimited the scope only to BBEdit. I delimited the Macro and all is fine with the keystroke.

Thanks!

#4 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:50 PM

Thanks for responding, Helen. Your response sent me on a search, since your keystroke was operable. I forgot that I wrote a macro for morph tagging and had not delimited the scope only to BBEdit. I delimited the Macro and all is fine with the keystroke.

That'll do it. TextExpander or something, I take it?

#5 James Tucker

James Tucker

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

That'll do it. TextExpander or something, I take it?

In this case, it was QuicKeys. I use QuicKeys for tags that require escape codes. (it doesn't type the text, but inserts it; I have had problems with the escape code when it is automated with a type process). I also use Typinator for expansion needs. I like both, but use QuicKeys more for morph tagging. Typinator is very handy for keying in texts, reducing possible scribal errors.

#6 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:15 PM

Good for you for using a savvy solution.
If you do all your tagging inside BBEdit, using scripts (Perl/Applescript) inside of BBedit would be the most robust.
Still, if you need to use a third party solution, QK is a good choice.

You know, I think TextMate would clearly be the absolute superior tagging environment of all time. You could code your own scope, actions, etc., but I am not aware of a single bible tagger who uses it. It does have a steep learning curve.
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

#7 James Tucker

James Tucker

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:57 AM

Good for you for using a savvy solution.
If you do all your tagging inside BBEdit, using scripts (Perl/Applescript) inside of BBedit would be the most robust.
Still, if you need to use a third party solution, QK is a good choice.

You know, I think TextMate would clearly be the absolute superior tagging environment of all time. You could code your own scope, actions, etc., but I am not aware of a single bible tagger who uses it. It does have a steep learning curve.

I would like to implement more Perl/Applescript material in my tagging. I am just learning the ropes of programming, and have purchased several books on Applescripts, Perl, and Python. I hope to eventually phase out QK. Once I learn more about programming and if more tagging opportunities arise, then I may take the time to learn TextMate. As of now, I am using Tex-Edit plus for its RTF capabilities. I have written numerous scripts to tag the information within a Tex-Edit document (i.e., for a certain Critical Apparatus).

What are your recommendations when it comes to learning Perl? Do you have any manuals you prefer?

Thanks!

#8 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

What are your recommendations when it comes to learning Perl? Do you have any manuals you prefer?

I don't know if it's a good recommendation, but I'm a pretty decent Applescripter and can get by with Perl text manipulations, and all I've ever done is parse code to learn. One basic intro/tutorial and then google to find code that doe the kind of thing you're interested in and learn it.

Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users