Fonts

ryangeer

It seems that I am constantly having to run font fixer to correct the Hebrew fonts that randomly go berserk in my documents. Is there a permanent fix for this - something I can do so that I don't have to keep running font fixer 2-3 times a day?

Have you checked for duplicates of your Accordance fonts per p. 5 of the "Accordance fonts" PDF (in version 9, in /Library/Application Support/Accordance/Documentation/Manuals & Documents)

I would search your entire drive for Yehudit as FontFixer only checks the obvious places, not all nested folders?

There was an additional copy of Yehudit in a desktop folder - which I have now deleted. We'll see if that was the problem... thanks

I have not found an extra Yehudit font on my system, but when I use the "Enter Lexical Forms" command for BHS-W4, all but the selected word in the list are in English. The selected font is properly displayed. I have the same problem with GNT-T. This happened after I updated to 9.0.5.

Yes, we know. I'll post a list of known issues shortly. We're working on them ASAP.

FYI - Apple Chancery is messed up, too. The letters are OK, but parentheses and the tilde both show up as squares. Everything else in the program seems to be working.

Thanks,

Julia

Ryan:

If removing that extra Yehudit doesn't work, try actually dealing with it in the Font Book. The Font Fixer was last updated a while ago, before Snow Leopard, and it seems that SL handles fonts differently via the Font Book. That is, people have reported that simply running the font fixer (which will clear out any duplicates in other fonts folders) was not enough, and they had to remove it from the Font Book first. We'll try and update the fixer soon, but it may give you a more permanent solution to remove Yehudit from the Font Book, and then run Font Fixer.

FontFixer will only fix our own fonts. It is true that changes intended to speed up the text drawing, may cause certain fonts to not display all the characters. Please report any such anomalies to me, and we will try to fix them.

Thanks, Helen. Didn't know if anyone else was experiencing issues with other fonts. Obviously, this is not a crisis

If you are certain you don't have duplicate copies of a font but it is still not displaying properly you should clean your font cache with a program like Cocktail 4.7.7 -- it usually clears up font issues rather quickly.

Archived