Jump to content


Photo

Possible LINK Bug


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 circuitrider

circuitrider

    Gold

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:22 AM

I am having trouble getting my tools to link to a module when it is opened in another workspace.

I have Anchor Bible Dictionary open in my main workspace. If I open another tool in the same workspace and link to Anchor it works fine. However, if I open another workspace with Anchor in it the LINK always fails with this message "This Entry or Window Name Cannot be Found", and it fails in both workspaces. If I close either workspace containing Anchor the LINK works fine.
I tried to duplicate the problem LINKING with different modules and with some it works and others it does not.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

    Mithril

  • Admin
  • 8,231 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:heart in Israel
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:49 AM

I am not able to reproduce this. Please post or send me screenshots of both workspaces.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 circuitrider

circuitrider

    Gold

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

I can't seem to get my .png files to upload correctly so I will email them to you.

Thanks

Edited by circuitrider, 16 October 2010 - 02:01 PM.


#4 circuitrider

circuitrider

    Gold

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

It looks like this error only occurs when linking tabs to a tab that has the same name in another workspace. I renamed Anchor to Anchor 1 and the problem has not reoccured.

Edited by circuitrider, 18 October 2010 - 12:25 PM.


#5 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

    Mithril

  • Admin
  • 8,231 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:heart in Israel
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:30 PM

It's strange that you didn't get the message that there is a conflict in the tab name. Usually any of the linking commands require the tab names involved to be unique.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users