Hebrew Export Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lawson Stone

Lawson Stone

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Old Testament and everything related to it; drystone masonry, classic firearms, jazz guitar, old west history and lore, straight razor shaving and collecting, great tea
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:47 AM

I often need to export Hebrew text to a word processor that does not handle RTL text, such as MS Word. I have Accordance set up to do this, but when I do try to export, random lines of the Hebrew text will be in the wrong order. About 2/3 of the text will look right, but then a line will run the other direction. Often this occurs at a point where the line break in the Accordance text window does not match the line break in the text as imported into the word processor.

I'd appreciate some info on what I'm doing wrong or what's going on here. I've exported both in Yehudit and HebraicaII, with the same results.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere."
--Anonymous Poet of "Beowulf"
Lawson G. Stone, Professor of Old Testament
Asbury Theological Seminary
Stonesfence-my website

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,497 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

You know you need to limit the line length in Accordance so that it does not break in the word processor? If you are doing this, i would check in TextEdit and see if you get the same problem. If not, and it's a quirk of Word, we cannot do much about it.

Which Accordance version are you using?
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users