The Carta Collection

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:12 PM

I confess I love graphics. They are excellent teaching tools, especially in our multimedia world. That's one if the reasons I am VERY excited about the new Carta resources available for Accordance users. This podcast offers a survey of these thirteen modules, and concludes with a slide show of illustrations taken from the Carta Collection.

All just in time for Christmas...

Enjoy!
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

...and Ḥanukkah! :)
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 El Gaucho

El Gaucho

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Bible School Director
    Missionary educator
    Mac enthusiast

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:50 PM

I confess I love graphics. They are excellent teaching tools, especially in our multimedia world. That's one if the reasons I am VERY excited about the new Carta resources available for Accordance users. This podcast offers a survey of these thirteen modules, and concludes with a slide show of illustrations taken from the Carta Collection.

Enjoy!

Hello Dr. J!

Just wondering on these collections if they are interactive like the Accordance Atlas. When I say interactive, I don't mean in the way that you can create your own map with layers, but in that you can search for a city or region and it can be highlighted or clicked on to amplify to a Bible dictionary, etc. Or are they static?

Thanks!

Stephen

PS - And by the way, if anyone is in the Christmas spirit, these would look nice under my tree. ;)

#4 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,506 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

Hello Dr. J!

Just wondering on these collections if they are interactive like the Accordance Atlas. When I say interactive, I don't mean in the way that you can create your own map with layers, but in that you can search for a city or region and it can be highlighted or clicked on to amplify to a Bible dictionary, etc. Or are they static?

Thanks!

Stephen

PS - And by the way, if anyone is in the Christmas spirit, these would look nice under my tree. ;)

Hi, Stephen!

No, none of these are interactive. For that you'll need Accordance's atlas (or Graphics DVD, which includes it).

Carta's maps are all static (though you can search the text for a city name or region). However, you'll find maps here of climate, produce, and literally dozens of other kinds of [static] maps and illustrations.
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

#5 Chuck Schneider

Chuck Schneider

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:20 AM

The podcast also had a panel stating something like, "Accordance Bible software for the Mac, iPhone and iPad". Does that mean that the iPad app is imminent? :-)

#6 Bob Deacon

Bob Deacon

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:38 AM

I hope so! I am anxious.

Bob Deacon
Retired Pastor

Murfreesboro, NC

#7 ryangeer

ryangeer

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

Enjoy!

Nice podcast! What is the music playing during the ending slideshow?

#8 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

The slideshow music is by Michael Nissim, at www.israelunique.com. The specific CD is:
http://israelunique....hael_nissim.htm
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users