Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:10 AM

Hey, all -

I want to back up "My Notes" and highlighting before I maintain my iBook. "My Notes" seems pretty straightforward, as there is an item in the Accordance folder with the appropiate name. However, I have been unable to find where the highlighting stuff is recorded. Thanks for any help you can offer. Love Accordance. Love my Macs.

Julia Falling

Accordance 11

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite Acc 11

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,500 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:57 AM

This is a very important question. The highlighting is all saved in the Highlight settings file in Accordance Settings folder. You (and everyone) should back up that folder regularly since the files sometimes get corrupted and it can be a major hassle to restore Accordance, let alone your own work.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:50 PM

This is a very important question. The highlighting is all saved in the Highlight settings file in Accordance Settings folder. You (and everyone) should back up that folder regularly since the files sometimes get corrupted and it can be a major hassle to restore Accordance, let alone your own work.

Helen -

Thank you so much for your response. I tried moving the entire Accordance Settings folder from my iBook to my eMac via a flash drive. I had quit Accordance on the eMac and restarted it. My highlighting didn't show up. I had already moved my notes. They DID appear, but there was some problem with the hypertext. I ended up booting the iBook up in target mode, and moving the entire Accordance application from the iBook to the eMac, replacing the eMac copy. Now both machines show both notes and highlighting. What did I do incorrectly in moving the Accordance Settings that my highlighting failed to appear? I also seem to have made some sort of error in moving My Notes as well. At least at this point, I can go ahead and maintain the iBook without the fear of losing anything. I have pretty regularly backed up one computer with the other, and keep them synchronized. The chance of both HDs dying at the same time is slim. However, all should be backed up on CD as well, I think.

Julia Falling

Accordance 11

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite Acc 11

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users