23 replies to this topic

#21 JamesN

JamesN

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

I've joined the club of folks who have downloaded most of their Accordance 9 library files and finally had the IOS application become unstable and no longer progress beyond the startup screen before crashing.

I'll be deleting it soon and trying again but I think I'll wait a few days for the dust to clear and also because I don't have a WiFi connection at home (I still worry about ultimate security with home WiFi) so I drive to the local library or a favorite restaurant who both have very fast WiFi- but unfortunately they are closed after 9 or 11PM when I expect your computer servers may be a little bit more available than during the day.

I'd appreciate some suggestions about which files I should first start to download. My first go round included several attempts to download Atlas files and a whole bunch of what appeared to be components of the atlas but would never actually download. I wound up with one "book" or whatever that was blank and that I finally deleted and then I changed the fonts from Helvetica 19 to Georgia 21 point, and then the next time I tried to reopen Accordance IOS I only could get the splash screen and a fast quit.

Should the various Library levels that I see as potential downloads be done first before any individual bibles or would this result in double downloads? Perhaps I should skip the Library files entirely at this time. I guess I don't have parallels in my account but I'll stay clear of any files that I can't easily identify. Do any of the "Library" downloads include any of these verboten files?

We probably will all have more appreciation for the difficulty of porting over a product that was designed for the Mac OS on a standard computer to a handheld IOS device. It's just great to have the potential to have my whole library sometime available in a tiny notebook. A few more months wait is not the end of the world for me.

#22 Chuck Schneider

Chuck Schneider

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Avoiding parallels, atlas, syntax and timeline seems to do the trick. I didn't want to start over, but it really did work for me.

Other than avoiding those, I would advise you to just download a few modules at a time. Depending on your library, this could be a little tedious, but it gets the job done. ;)
OSX Yosemite
Version 10.10
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

iPad Air 2 iOS 8.1

128 GB

#23 circuitrider

circuitrider

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

Other than avoiding those, I would advise you to just download a few modules at a time. Depending on your library, this could be a little tedious, but it gets the job done. ;)

As soon as I began downloading one module at a time I have not experienced any complete crashes to where the app could not be opened again. My attempts to download more than one module at a time have failed. You may want to go to one at a time.

Still do avoid the above mentioned modules, though.

Edited by circuitrider, 01 January 2011 - 01:16 PM.

#24 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:18 AM

Please do not attempt to download the Atlas, Timeline, Syntax, or Parallel modules.

Why do you list those modules in the Easy Install in the first place? Please list only those modules which are safe to install. Otherwise I'll have to search these forums all over about every module, is it safe to install…
“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users