#1 SteveP

SteveP

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

I hope folks go easy on you guys with all the questions (and dare I say complaints, you know they will come)... it is going to be a whole new, but wonderful ride, getting used to this. I know it will only get better just like the Mac application has over the years.

You deserve a HUGE THANK YOU, and our appreciate for not holding it up even though there are some little bugs. I appreciated it when I read in the notes things like "don't switch away while it is downloading or it will crash". Good to know, but also glad you didn't hold up release until it was fixed because it is easy to deal with.

Kudos, and may God truly bless you and your efforts to help us have ever increasing access to God's word and associated tools!

-Steve
SteveP

#2 Tom

Tom

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

I hope folks go easy on you guys with all the questions (and dare I say complaints, you know they will come)... it is going to be a whole new, but wonderful ride, getting used to this. I know it will only get better just like the Mac application has over the years.

You deserve a HUGE THANK YOU, and our appreciate for not holding it up even though there are some little bugs. I appreciated it when I read in the notes things like "don't switch away while it is downloading or it will crash". Good to know, but also glad you didn't hold up release until it was fixed because it is easy to deal with.

Kudos, and may God truly bless you and your efforts to help us have ever increasing access to God's word and associated tools!

-Steve

I feel compelled to repeat Steve's sentiments. Questions and complaints are easy to express, but know that the effort, hard work and your obvious desire to meet the needs of your users does not go unnoticed by me (and I'm sure many, many others). And this encouragement is coming from someone who doesn't even have an iPad or iPhone! (yet).

Thank you for your continued hard work. It is much appreciated!

Tom
B.S. (Education, Bryan College)
Th.M. (Systematic Theology, Dallas Seminary)
M.A., Ph.D. (Classical Philosophy, University of Dallas)
Pastor/Teacher

#3 Dan Francis

Dan Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:03 AM

I feel compelled to repeat Steve's sentiments. Questions and complaints are easy to express, but know that the effort, hard work and your obvious desire to meet the needs of your users does not go unnoticed by me (and I'm sure many, many others). And this encouragement is coming from someone who doesn't even have an iPad or iPhone! (yet).

Thank you for your continued hard work. It is much appreciated!

Tom

Looks great so far any idea when the "Tap the Sync button in the center to link with Accordance 9 on Mac and allow you to transfer modules into the iOS and sync your User Notes." will be implemented??

-Dan

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,085 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:16 AM

It's almost ready but we didn't want to hold up the release once we had a viable app.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 William B

William B

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:55 AM

Want to add my thanks too, the app is excellent thanks for all the hard work :)

#6 Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Family, Preaching, Teaching, Mac Software, Video
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:13 AM

Great Job! Already up and running searches to my hearts content :)
Ron Riley
Logan Christian Church
Logan, Iowa

#7 Ivano

Ivano

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:New Testament Greek
    Cell - Church

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

The wait for the Accordance App was long, but after loading it on my iPad (without any problem) and installing my modules, I have to say it was worth to wait! Looking forward to explore the App and also to Dr. J`s Podcast.

Thanks to alle the Folks at Oaktree, may the Lord bless you.

#8 Kevin McAteer

Kevin McAteer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:43 AM

I agree; thanks so much for your time and effort to make this available. Considering these are the holidays when many people have the time off, it is evident that you all were/are working hard to release this to us. Thanks!

#9 Christopher Heard

Christopher Heard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

I normally don't go for "me too" posts, but "me too!" I'm so thrilled to have Accordance running on my iPad this morning! It's like Christmas all over again. Oh, wait, it's the seventh day of Christmas never mind about that part. But thanks a million for the iOS companion to my favorite desktop app!
Chris Heard
Associate Professor of Religion
Pepperdine University
http://drchris.me

#10 rorygillespie

rorygillespie

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

I'm adding my thanks and an additional "thank you, thank you, thank you."

You could have created iOS-only versions of the modules and asked me to buy the ones I planned on using... again. But you didn't.

How nice to see that in a software company. Thanks for caring about us!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users