#1 jana

jana

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Pedagogy, Mac
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:08 AM

First of course everybody a happy new year!
I read the commentaries here, so I try not to add double issues.
Tip for the Bible Atlas issue: have a look at the Atlas files on your computer to avoid unnecessary downloads.
What I miss in my Downloads: the bibles from the Mac Bibel Bibliothek. I bought this cd-rom especially for the Buber translation.
Anyhow, it is exciting to read the modules on my iPad. It is much more inviting to read the modules now. That is the most important thing for me Thanks!

Edited by jana, 01 January 2011 - 04:08 AM.

#2 Ivano

Ivano

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:New Testament Greek
    Cell - Church

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

First of course everybody a happy new year!
I read the commentaries here, so I try not to add double issues.
Tip for the Bible Atlas issue: have a look at the Atlas files on your computer to avoid unnecessary downloads.
What I miss in my Downloads: the bibles from the Mac Bibel Bibliothek. I bought this cd-rom especially for the Buber translation.
Anyhow, it is exciting to read the modules on my iPad. It is much more inviting to read the modules now. That is the most important thing for me Thanks!

If I understand it correct the Problem is, that the Mac Bibel Bibliothek is avaible only on CD. One of the young Men I mentor has just orderd Accordance. He told me that he was able to get all his modules with Easy - Install execpt the Mac Bibel Bibliothek. So it seems we have to wait till we can sync with our Mac.

But having everything else on the iPad is absolutly great.

#3 Ruben Gomez

Ruben Gomez

Gold

• Accordance
  • 248 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:00 AM

If I understand it correct the Problem is, that the Mac Bibel Bibliothek is avaible only on CD. One of the young Men I mentor has just orderd Accordance. He told me that he was able to get all his modules with Easy - Install execpt the Mac Bibel Bibliothek. So it seems we have to wait till we can sync with our Mac.

But having everything else on the iPad is absolutly great.

That's correct. Modules that are only available on CD cannot be downloaded via Easy Install, hence you cannot use them with your iOS devices yet. You should be able to access these modules when linking with your Mac via wifi is implemented. As stated elsewhere, this should happen sooner rather than later.

Hope this helps.

#4 jana

jana

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Pedagogy, Mac

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:36 AM

That's correct. Modules that are only available on CD cannot be downloaded via Easy Install, hence you cannot use them with your iOS devices yet. You should be able to access these modules when linking with your Mac via wifi is implemented. As stated elsewhere, this should happen sooner rather than later.

Hope this helps.

But cd or dvd, they are just carriers for the texts. So I suppose it is not just a technical problem.

Greetings

Jan

#5 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

That is true, but except for recent modules (e.g. Carta), the illustrations may not work in iOS (until the modules are updated). Growing pains for version 1.0
Michael
Accordance on Macintosh, iPhone, and iPad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users