Crash when selecting parallel text (w/ Crash logs)

Christoph Koehler

Hi there,

Found another crash that happened as follows:

1. With the NAS95S in John 17:1-9

2. Select a parallel pane and add the GNT-T

3. Crash.

Same in portrait and landscape, happens for GNT-T, NET, NET Notes (so not just bibles).

Crash logs attached. This is fun :)

EDIT: Looks like the crash log has something to do with receiving a memory warning, so the log may actually not be related to the description above. It is from the right time, though it crashed more than once with the steps above, yet I only got one crash log.

Before, when I had crashes without a log or stack trace, it was an over released object. Instruments with the Zombies tool helped solve that. Hope that's helpful.

Christoph

iAccord_2011-01-02-112942_Christophs-iPhone.crash.txt

Hi there,

Found another crash that happened as follows:

1. With the NAS95S in John 17:1-9

2. Select a parallel pane and add the GNT-T

3. Crash.

Same in portrait and landscape, happens for GNT-T, NET, NET Notes (so not just bibles).

Crash logs attached. This is fun :)

EDIT: Looks like the crash log has something to do with receiving a memory warning, so the log may actually not be related to the description above. It is from the right time, though it crashed more than once with the steps above, yet I only got one crash log.

Before, when I had crashes without a log or stack trace, it was an over released object. Instruments with the Zombies tool helped solve that. Hope that's helpful.

Christoph

Unfortunately, the crash log doesn't appear to correspond to the issue you're describing. I can add parallel panes without issue including the ones you are describing above.

Had you done a search for just those verses or did you use the "GoTo" to get there, etc?

Scott.

Unfortunately, the crash log doesn't appear to correspond to the issue you're describing. I can add parallel panes without issue including the ones you are describing above.

Had you done a search for just those verses or did you use the "GoTo" to get there, etc?

Scott.

Hey Scott,

Yeah, I tried to reproduce it but only had intermittent success. I never used Go To, just searched. I toggled through several of my references and texts, selected some words and looked at the parsing, etc, and got it to crash a few times, but never consistently.

I also got another crash log, though it may not be too helpful again :)

Sorry, wish I could give more info.

iAccord_2011-01-02-174347_Christophs-iPhone.crash.txt

To add a thought to this, could it be that the app releases some resources as part of the memory warning, and then tries to release one or several of those again when I switch to a different text?

Could be. But I haven't found it yet. Will need to dig in deeper once we get the Easy Install bug fix release posted to Apple.

Scott.

Could be. But I haven't found it yet. Will need to dig in deeper once we get the Easy Install bug fix release posted to Apple.

Scott.

Sure. Let me know if you need me to try anything. I will keep sending those crash logs :)

Archived