• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brent Lawrence

Brent Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my wife, my kids, my church, the Boston Red Sox, baseball in general, my Macs, golf (when I have time to play).
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:04 PM

I was wondering if you have an Accordance for iOS roadmap to help us get some sense of what might be in the pipeline for future updates. Understanding that there is a feature request thread, I thought I'd spare my two cents in that area if an overview was available about some of the features that might be coming up that weren't quite ready for the 1.0 release. Thanks.

#2 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

I was wondering if you have an Accordance for iOS roadmap to help us get some sense of what might be in the pipeline for future updates. Understanding that there is a feature request thread, I thought I'd spare my two cents in that area if an overview was available about some of the features that might be coming up that weren't quite ready for the 1.0 release. Thanks.

Hi Brent,

Syncing content between Accordance for iOS and Accordance for Mac is the only major feature we've committed to publicly for the next release (1.1). And that's only because we cut it from the 1.0 feature set because it was not finished.

Beyond that I don't think OakTree is ready to publish a roadmap, at least not publicly. But we see the possibilities of what can be done here, particularly on the iPad. And our competitors in this space are certainly not standing still. And our users are not shy in suggesting what they want to see. The question will be one of priority and economics. And how much sleep we're allowed. :)

Scott.

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

Sleep? I don't recall that being anywhere in the contract. ;)
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 Brent Lawrence

Brent Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my wife, my kids, my church, the Boston Red Sox, baseball in general, my Macs, golf (when I have time to play).

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:31 AM

Hi Brent,

Syncing content between Accordance for iOS and Accordance for Mac is the only major feature we've committed to publicly for the next release (1.1). And that's only because we cut it from the 1.0 feature set because it was not finished.

Beyond that I don't think OakTree is ready to publish a roadmap, at least not publicly. But we see the possibilities of what can be done here, particularly on the iPad. And our competitors in this space are certainly not standing still. And our users are not shy in suggesting what they want to see. The question will be one of priority and economics. And how much sleep we're allowed. :)

Scott.

Totally understand. Thanks.

Sleep? I don't recall that being anywhere in the contract. ;)

I don't think anyone on this forum thinks the Accordance team gets any sleep. Clearest evidence for miracles anywhere on the internet!

#5 SteveP

SteveP

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:15 AM

<br />Beyond that I don't think OakTree is ready to publish a roadmap, at least not publicly. But we see the possibilities of what can be done here, particularly on the iPad.  And our competitors in this space are certainly not standing still.  And our users are not shy in suggesting what they want to see.  The question will be one of priority and economics.<br />

Perfectly understandable, as far as major new features. You have your work cut out in the short term with minor issues and enhancements. My personal highlights are the search history, paragraph view, and to fix the scrolling dynamic of the text view. It scrolls like lead, while the library list view is just liken other iOS apps. Then visuals like colors and so forth. If that is all I can come up with to mention, you know what an awesome job you have done! I am using it on an iPad, and am happy to move to it as my primary tool except for when I have lots of typing or much use of amplifying and so forth. I know that lots of things that would make a great iPad experience would not benefit the iPhone users, so you have your work cut out for you to keep both groups happy.

-Steve
SteveP

#6 csonni

csonni

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Weather, Photography, Computer.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I find Accordance IOS so crippled compared to Olive Tree BibleReader, which, obviously, is more mature. Some things that are a real nuisance: It always goes back to Genesis 1 when selecting a new version from the Library. When having two panes open, you can only have identical references. It would be nice to go to another reference in one pane while remaining with the original reference in the other.

#7 JonathanHuber

JonathanHuber

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, Greek

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I find Accordance IOS so crippled compared to Olive Tree BibleReader, which, obviously, is more mature. Some things that are a real nuisance: It always goes back to Genesis 1 when selecting a new version from the Library. When having two panes open, you can only have identical references. It would be nice to go to another reference in one pane while remaining with the original reference in the other.

It's not just you; we've all requested these features and just have to be patient now.

#8 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:00 PM

It's not just you; we've all requested these features and just have to be patient now.

Not only is patience a virtue, but it is usually rewarded. :)

Scott.

#9 JonathanHuber

JonathanHuber

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, Greek

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

Not only is patience a virtue, but it is usually rewarded. :)

Scott.

[wink, wink]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users