#21 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,131 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

Scott,

I have 1.32GB left on my device, I tried it with 2.5 also.

Arne

1.32 GB might be a little tight since we download it first as a compressed archive and then uncompress it to install it. Uncompressed it is around 528 MB in size and compressed it is not much smaller due to the large number of pictures within the module. 2.5 GB should be plenty though for just that module.

Are you trying to download any other modules at the same time? This would also put pressure on the amount of available disk space and potentially cause an issue.

Scott.

#22 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

I also have been unsuccessful after repeated attempts. (I'm in the UK). I have a steady 10mb download speed.
It seems to take the expected 20 mins or so to download but when thats finished the iPad merely shows that its still available as a download, and therefore not in my directory (no error signs).

I have 16Gb free in iPad.

Thanks for your continued help.

Paul.
Paul M.

#23 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,428 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

You may just have to wait until you can sync it from your Mac.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#24 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

I thought that might be the case Helen. is there any rough time when that might be expected - weeks/months?

p.s. I have enough modules to keep my happy till 2014

Paul.
Paul M.

#25 JSGilliom

JSGilliom

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

1.32 GB might be a little tight since we download it first as a compressed archive and then uncompress it to install it. Uncompressed it is around 528 MB in size and compressed it is not much smaller due to the large number of pictures within the module. 2.5 GB should be plenty though for just that module.

Thanks, Scott, for making it clear that we needed the extra space for downloading and expanding. I had tried repeatedly to download to my 8GB iPod Touch with about 1.1GB free space and got no error message and yet failed to install. When I deleted some audio to give a little more than 2GB free space, Photoguide downloaded the first time.

Thanks,
John
John S Gilliom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users