• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DLeavins

DLeavins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

I will often see incorrect info in the instant details window for HMT-T. Here are the specifics:

- landscape mode
- HMT-T and ESV open together
- The window is showing a verse search result for "2 Sam 14:10" with 3 verses of context.
-example: in 2 Sam 14:10 when I touch hammelek (king) I get lexical info for Elohim (God). (I was careful to check and recheck that I was touching the right word.)

It happens quite a bit, this error of the wrong word's lexical info.

Thanks for looking into this.

I'm on an iPad, btw.

Correction: I meant to write BHS-W4 instead of HMT-T.

Edited by DLeavins, 14 January 2011 - 07:50 PM.

#2 Darko

Darko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

I will often see incorrect info in the instant details window for HMT-T. Here are the specifics:

- landscape mode
- HMT-T and ESV open together
- The window is showing a verse search result for "2 Sam 14:10" with 3 verses of context.
-example: in 2 Sam 14:10 when I touch hammelek (king) I get lexical info for Elohim (God). (I was careful to check and recheck that I was touching the right word.)

It happens quite a bit, this error of the wrong word's lexical info.

Thanks for looking into this.

I'm on an iPad, btw.

Something similar happened to me. I had BHS-W4 opened. The window was showing a verse search result for Deut. 18:18 (without context). When I touched the last word in that verse ('atsawwennwu), I got the instant detail about (dibberwu), and that is the last word of the previous verse (Deut. 18:17). I had that verse opened immediately before Deut. 18:18. I had to press the home button and then to start the accordance app again. The instant detail showed the right information.

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,495 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Surely you do not have the HMT-T on the iPad, as this is not available for Easy Install.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 DLeavins

DLeavins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Surely you do not have the HMT-T on the iPad, as this is not available for Easy Install.

So sorry, BHS-W4 it is, Helen.

#5 Holland

Holland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:13 AM

This happens to me as well (with BHS-W4). Accordance often does not display the instant details for the selected word in the verse that is currently displayed, but for the corresponding word in the verse that I looked up first after launching the Accordance app.

For example:
0. Launch the Accordance app.
1. Look up Gen. 1:1 in BHS-W4 using the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.
2. Check instant details for the first word (bere'shit).
3. Look up Gen. 1:3 (or any other verse) in BHS-W4 using the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.
4. Check instant details for the first word.
5. Accordance displays instant details for the first word of Gen. 1:1, not 1:3 (or any other verse).

My current workaround is to quit and restart the Accordance app.

It does not make any difference whether any other Bible version is open (parallel to BHS-W4) or not.

#6 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,142 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

This happens to me as well (with BHS-W4). Accordance often does not display the instant details for the selected word in the verse that is currently displayed, but for the corresponding word in the verse that I looked up first after launching the Accordance app.

For example:
0. Launch the Accordance app.
1. Look up Gen. 1:1 in BHS-W4 using the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.
2. Check instant details for the first word (bere'shit).
3. Look up Gen. 1:3 (or any other verse) in BHS-W4 using the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.
4. Check instant details for the first word.
5. Accordance displays instant details for the first word of Gen. 1:1, not 1:3 (or any other verse).

My current workaround is to quit and restart the Accordance app.

It does not make any difference whether any other Bible version is open (parallel to BHS-W4) or not.

Excellent, reproducible case. Should be easy to track down the problem and fix it for the next release.

Thanks!

Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users