Photo

RCL readings

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: RCL feature in Accordance

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would you like to have RCL feature in Accordance?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Kit

Kit

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew, Greek, Textual Criticism, Church History, OT, NT, Dead Sea Scrolls, Ancient history
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:51 PM

I would like to have "Feasting on the Word" module too.

#22 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Still waiting...
“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#23 Dan Francis

Dan Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

I understand your anxiousness too.. I am not waiting for things like Feasting on the Word since i have it in Wordsearch (Logos has it too now but nightmare with how it turned out there). I wish we could get things quicker but there is only so much that can be done by our friends over at Accordance. My understanding is Anchor is getting most  of their effort now, I am hoping and praying that New Interpreter's Bible is getting near top priority (I know I am asking questions about the NIB, even though I was clearly told no announcements would be made till closer to it's release but it don't stop me wanting to ask if it;s been started….

-Dan

#24 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

"Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints." :-)

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#25 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

Feasting on the Word CD-ROM now available (http://www.feastingo...n-the-word.aspx)
Got a comment from them that they consider licensing text to other publishers. I really wish to have this as Accordance module as it would fit in my sermon preparation workflow much better than separate application. I love highlighting text and I like that I can do it Accordance, and take all with me on my iPhone.

Guntis, curious to hear more about your sermon workflow (especially re: how Accordance factors in). Next week I start a position at a church as pastor, where I'll be preaching weekly, and using the RCL/lectionary (at least for the summer). So I've been thinking about the "sermon preparation workflow" you mention.

I still have to figure out how/where to consult those things I have in print (or another electronic medium, like Kindle, etc.), but for now, I have an initial Workspace in Accordance that is "Lectionary," and uses the user-created RCL modules so I can quickly look at all the readings at once as diglots (so Hebrew-English for OT and Greek-English for NT).

Then once I decide which reading to focus on (or I may do multiple ones), I go to a Workspace called "Gospel Book Study" or "Epistle Book Study," etc. to study the passage under consideration, using commentaries, dictionaries, and other resources.

But that's about as far as I've gotten! I'll be playing with this all summer, though would be happy to hear how others integrate Accordance--start to finish--in lectionary-based preaching.

(This could be a good Accordance blog post, if someone on the staff wanted to take it on!)

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

#26 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

A couple of years ago, there was a "Pastor's Study" series in the blog.  I wrote one of them on my procedure from sermon prep, related to the RCL.  It can be found here.

I've shifted to using the Narrative Lectionary, but my process is much the same.

Lorinda

• Abram K-J likes this

Running Accordance on:

Mac 10.9 (Mavericks)

iOS 7 (iPad)

Windows Vista Home Premium

#27 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Nice! Thanks, Lorinda. I'll check it out.

Abram K-J

#28 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

Lorinda, a great post. Thank you! Just what I was looking to hear.

Abram K-J

#29 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

I'm glad you found it helpful. 

One thing I didn't mention there is that I keep an outline "template" at the end of my Sermon Notes (in that example Year A Notes) User Tool.  That helps me to structure my notes.  Each week, I copy and paste the template, renaming it for the given week.  Here's an example from one of my RCL Notes User Tools.  I've also attached a screenschot since the formatting doesn't carry over into the forums.:

Proper Name & Number

Readings

Old Testament Lesson
Intertextuality
Context
The Pericope
Hebrew Words and Phrases
Illustrations/Application/Hermeneutical Arch
External Links

Gospel Lesson
Intertextuality
Context