Photo

RCL readings

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: RCL feature in Accordance

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would you like to have RCL feature in Accordance?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

Could you please add Revised Common Lectionary readings feature?
http://lectionary.li...vanderbilt.edu/
One click (or tap) and I could read RDL Bible reading for today, or for the particular Sunday—all texts together, in my chosen Bible translation. Probably that would require some mini-calendar palette or pane, but it would be helpful for those who use RCL in their ministry.

Edited by Guntis, 16 January 2011 - 11:31 AM.

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

Someone has already shared such a module at the Accordance Exchange! Look at the bottom of the page, under 5/18/07.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 Fr. Rusty Matheny

Fr. Rusty Matheny

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Human Beings, The Gospel, Scripture, Theology, Ecclesiology, Psychology, Computer/Software Technology, Organic Farming, Professional Audio Technology and my Grandkids.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

Someone has already shared such a module at the [http://www.accordanc...nge/]Accordance Exchange[/url]! Look at the bottom of the page, under 5/18/07.

Jp : There is nothing at that link, dead link.

If my memory serves me well, what he/we are asking for is a bit more than that.

We really do need the Major Lectionaries and their resources- in Accordance ( would like them tagged and thus as searchable as everything else) .

Could not find the correct location of that resource, sorry.

Rusty+

Edited by Fr. Rusty Matheny, 16 January 2011 - 01:41 PM.

#4 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

I think this is the correct link:
Accordance Exchange
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#5 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

We really do need the Major Lectionaries and their resources- in Accordance ( would like them tagged and thus as searchable as everything else) .

Rusty+

The Catholic Study Bible includes the Roman Catholic lectionary (Sunday and weekday), but it is not set up as you would like.

Shalom,
Michael
Michael

#6 Fr. Rusty Matheny

Fr. Rusty Matheny

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Human Beings, The Gospel, Scripture, Theology, Ecclesiology, Psychology, Computer/Software Technology, Organic Farming, Professional Audio Technology and my Grandkids.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

The Catholic Study Bible includes the Roman Catholic lectionary (Sunday and weekday), but it is not set up as you would like.

Shalom,
Michael

Thank you.

Thanks Joel.

#7 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

I've been using the Accordance Exchange Revised Common Lectionary User Tools for several years. I've found them to be immensely helpful.

I'm not sure that I personally need much more than this, but I wouldn't object to more features in this regard.

There's been some discussion about reading plans. If Oak Tree decided to pursue adding a reading plans feature, perhaps the various lectionary systems could be some of the offered reading plans.

Lorinda
Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.9 (Mavericks)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#8 Fr. Rusty Matheny

Fr. Rusty Matheny

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

Just looking and hoping for the Proper Preface's, Collects, readings for Saints days etc.

Will see what is set up in the one on the exchange.

Grace and Peace,

Rusty+

#9 Kevin Soars

Kevin Soars

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

I don't know whether I am allowed to point to this here (if not, I respect the wishes of the administrators to delete this) but some may find this useful http://www.universalis.com/. Universalis offers daily readings, office and prayers for the RC Liturgy. (I am sorry I cannot add this as a link as others seem to be able to do on the Forum!)

Kevin.

Edited by Kevin Soars, 17 January 2011 - 02:31 AM.

Kevin.

#10 Kevin Soars

Kevin Soars

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:31 AM

I don't know whether I am allowed to point to this here (if not, I respect the wishes of the administrators to delete this) but some may find this useful http://www.universalis.com/. Universalis offers daily readings, office and prayers for the RC Liturgy. (I am sorry I cannot add this as a link as others seem to be able to do on the Forum!)

Kevin.

When I posted the original (which I am trying to now edit) I did not realise that Accordance would automatically change the web address into a link! I am delighted and hope it might help somebody.

Edited by Kevin Soars, 17 January 2011 - 02:36 AM.

Kevin.

#11 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:44 AM

I installed RCL. It would be nice if Accordance would have some "internal calendar" which could tie Sunday readings with the current calendar year so that I wouldn't need to open some calendar application to find out which lectionary is current one. Whenever I'd open lectionary module, it would automagically open lectionary for the next Sunday.

There are several very good books which complement RCL, like "Feasting on the Word" by Barbara Brown Taylor and David L. Bartlett (http://www.cokesbury...ageid=453&id=77) and "Twelve Months of Sundays" by Tom Wright (http://www.bookdepos...s&search=search) and "Lectionary Reflections" by Jane Williams (http://www.bookdepos...s&search=search), and lots of other resources. I wish some of them would be available as Accordance modules which I could open in parallel pane and they would scroll along the lectionary text.

Edited by Guntis, 11 March 2011 - 03:59 AM.

“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#12 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

+1 to Feasting on the Word as a resource. I'm not familiar with the others listed, but the idea of lectionary oriented resources is very appealing to me.
Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.9 (Mavericks)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#13 Fr. Rusty

Fr. Rusty

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:17 AM

+1 to Feasting on the Word as a resource. I'm not familiar with the others listed, but the idea of lectionary oriented resources is very appealing to me.

Add me to that list as well.

R+

#14 Fr. Rich

Fr. Rich

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:My grandchildren
    Being an effective parish priest at Christ the King Episcopal
    Church in Huntington< Indiana
    Fly fishing

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

Here's another vote for FEasting on the Word.
Rich Miller
Priest in Charge
Christ the King Episcopal Church
Huntington, Indiana

Labor mediator and arbitrator

#15 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

It looks like Logos have got their hands on N.T. Wright's "for Everyone" series commentaries in electronic form. I hope some day they'll come to Accordance too! (http://www.logos.com...ight-collection) in their blog they write:
"The N. T. Wright Collection (34 vols.) combines thirty-four of Wright’s most beloved works including the For Everyone Series, Twelve Months of Sundays: Reflections on Bible Readings series, and many more."

So they already got RCL commentaries "Twelve Months of Sundays"… Now I have problem with one of God's commandments about envy and jealousy … :)

Here's interview with N.T. Wright:

Edited by Guntis, 11 March 2011 - 02:55 PM.

#16 Fr. Rusty

Fr. Rusty

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

It looks like Logos have got their hands on N.T. Wright's "for Everyone" series commentaries in electronic form. I hope some day they'll come to Accordance too! (http://www.logos.com...ight-collection) in their blog they write:
"The N. T. Wright Collection (34 vols.) combines thirty-four of Wright’s most beloved works including the For Everyone Series, Twelve Months of Sundays: Reflections on Bible Readings series, and many more."

So they already got RCL commentaries "Twelve Months of Sundays"… Now I have problem with one of God's commandments about envy and jealousy … :)

Here's interview with N.T. Wright:

Ok, we are in trouble together! smile

#17 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

New info from Logos about lectionaries:
http://blog.logos.co...h_logos_part_1/
Still faithful to Accordance :-)
Hope that faithfulness will pay off one day...

#18 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study & Accordance!, Puritans and John Calvin, Old Testament study - especially Leviticus, Model Railroading, Apple Computers, & Fountain Pens

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

Yes, Lectionaries, Please!!
Peace!

Greg

"I was but a Pen in God's hand, and what praise is due to a Pen?"

–Richard Baxter–

#19 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:34 AM

They are preparing CD-ROM edition:
http://www.feastingo...n-the-word.aspx
One step closer... But I still dream about Accordance version.

#20 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

Feasting on the Word CD-ROM now available (http://www.feastingo...n-the-word.aspx)
Got a comment from them that they consider licensing text to other publishers. I really wish to have this as Accordance module as it would fit in my sermon preparation workflow much better than separate application. I love highlighting text and I like that I can do it Accordance, and take all with me on my iPhone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users