can't open after restore

johnlee

After receiving my repaired iPhone, as the repair centre gave me a new device, I restore it with my backup in iTunes. Then every time I open Accordance for iOS, it closes immediately. I tried to close it manually, by double-click the Home button then close Accordance for iOS, and it didn't help. What should I do?

• 3 weeks later...

After receiving my repaired iPhone, as the repair centre gave me a new device, I restore it with my backup in iTunes. Then every time I open Accordance for iOS, it closes immediately. I tried to close it manually, by double-click the Home button then close Accordance for iOS, and it didn't help. What should I do?

Hi! This is because a backup does not include the Accordance modules. If you delete the app from your iOS device and force a re-install then it should also install the base packages, then you can re-download your modules. I don't think there is any other way.

Hi! This is because a backup does not include the Accordance modules. If you delete the app from your iOS device and force a re-install then it should also install the base packages, then you can re-download your modules. I don't think there is any other way.

Hi, Moon!

Steve is correct. Delete the app from your iPhone, then reinstall it. You will also have to download your modules again. [sorry] Apple's policy is that additional material should not be backed up using iTunes.

• 2 months later...

User notes are not stored in the backup, in this respect they behave like other modules. Only preferences and the modules that come with the initial app download. They will be backed up on the Mac with the upcoming release of 1.2 of the iOS app, and 9.3 of the Mac app, expected this week.

User notes are not stored in the backup, in this respect they behave like other modules. Only preferences and the modules that come with the initial app download. They will be backed up on the Mac with the upcoming release of 1.2 of the iOS app, and 9.3 of the Mac app, expected this week.

Thanks for the update, Helen. I look forward to the release of both updates! Thanks for your hard work.

With respect to Helen, this is not quite correct.

User notes and all settings files are stored as part of an iTunes backup of Accordance for iOS. Other modules downloaded via Easy Install are not. There is a bug in the current version that doesn't properly detect when Accordance for iOS has been launched after being restored from the iTunes backup. This bug is fixed in version 1.2 which is currently waiting to be reviewed and approved by Apple. As soon as that happens it will be released to the App Store.

Scott.

Archived