4 replies to this topic

#1 Shaun Walker

Shaun Walker

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:42 PM

I am trying to do a search for any preposition that agrees with a noun in Case. This is part of a larger graphical search that I want to build up to. However, when I do the graphical search via a Greek Construct window, I get the alert telling me that "There are no verses. . .which fit the current search entry." However, if I do the search with the Gramcord GNT it works just fine. This search also will not work with the tagged GNT-TR. What am I missing? Why won't this work with the GNT-T and GNT-TR but will with the Gramcord GNT? I can find instances of this search by looking in the Instant Details box while using the GNT-T and the GNT-TR. I purchased the GNT-T recently because of the superior tagging information it touted. However, I am having my doubts as to these module's full usefullness with tagging because of this "limitation." I'm hoping it is user error that's the issue.

Many thanks for anyone's insight!

#2 Martin Shields

Martin Shields

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:51 PM

I am trying to do a search for any preposition that agrees with a noun in Case.

I'm afraid I am a little stuck understanding what you're trying to achieve. Prepositions (at least in Greek) don't have case. A search should return no results.

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:13 PM

We have not yet released the prepositional "case" tagging with the GNT-T, which is why it does not work. If you look at the parsing you can see that it just gives you a preposition, it does not tell you which case it takes.

We plan to add this set of tags to the GNT-T very soon.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:24 AM

You might be able to achieve the same or a similar result while you await the case tagging by not specifying a case for the preposition. Search for your preposition followed by a noun in the case you want the preposition to take within 1-2 words with an INTER command containing Article case Accusative and Adjective Case Accusative. For me, this search returns 1320 hits.

Robb Brunansky
www.cbcwichita.org

Edited by Robb Brunansky, 08 February 2006 - 09:24 AM.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#5 Shaun Walker

Shaun Walker

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for the hints and info. To answer a previous response, I was trying to do this graphical search while I worked my way through the User Guide. Prepositions don't have their own "case" per se. However, there is a search shown in the User Guide that does this as part of a graphical search. I have been trying to develop my skill and knowledge of Accordance searching. I was stumped why I couldn't do exactly what the user guide showed me. Thanks again for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users