Copy as Lexical Form - New Feature Questionaire

Mick Matousek

How often would you Copy as Lexical Form  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's another idea. Copy as Lexical Form. With it, I envision highlighting a Greek word, choosing the new Copy as Lexical Form, and I can take the lexical form (not the inflected form) to a word processor. Perhaps that's hidden somehwere I haven't looked. Right now, I triple click the word, open BDAG, and copy the entry from the argument entry box.

I agree. I would say I use the lexical tranliteration about 90 % of the time. Both the transliteration and language lexical forms should be considered. I'm always providing the transliterated lexical form for those unfamiliar with the original languages.

I would like a preference which allows the user to determine which copy form is used.

• 4 months later...

Since this feature never made it into Accordance 7, I would like to reiterate my support for COPY AS LEXICAL FORM. Most of my need of transliteration is for teaching documents/overheads for those who do not and probably will never learn Greek or Hebrew. While I can easily and swiftly copy the inflected forms, that presents too much variation and complexity for the novice. The simple dictionary form of a word is better for their needs. The poll above shows most Accordance users need this capability. I encourage everyone to vote as it is a simple way for OakTree to assess the relative importance of endless feature requests. COPY AS LEXICAL/INFLECTED could be a simple preference checkbox for Accordance or submenu (e.g. COPY AS TRANSLITERATION 1) LEXICAL 2) INFLECTED. )

Archived