Photo

Video out/mirroring with iPad2 & iOS 4.3?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Tom

Tom

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

I don't know of any current app that will allow that. However, I have submitted a request to Apple that they enable this feature on the iPad 2. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. Perhaps Apple could sell more Apple TVs this way! :)

I hear the more request for a feature Apple gets, the more chance there is that they will consider it... Just sayin'.

Well, if I am reading this MacWorld article right, then we got it! (http://www.macworld....11/06/ios5.html). To quote from the section entitled: "There's More!" the author says:

"According to Forstall, those are just a sampling of new features in iOS 5. He showed a slide packed with several others, including AirPlay mirroring to your Apple TV."

I believe the context of this when it was shared at the WWDC keynote was EVERYTHING on iPad is mirrored to AppleTV.

Anyone have any additional information on this?

Tom
B.S. (Education, Bryan College)
Th.M. (Systematic Theology, Dallas Seminary)
M.A., Ph.D. (Classical Philosophy, University of Dallas)
Pastor/Teacher

#22 Steve Wilkinson

Steve Wilkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Christian apologetics, Tech stuff, cars, cooking, etc.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

Anyone have any additional information on this?

Tom

Hi Tom,
It was mentioned during the WWDC keynote presentation. I'm sure this will work fine, then, for Accordance. One question that still remains for me, is what happens for Keynote presentations. I'd want more than 'mirroring' for that. I'd want the ability to have the controls and speaker notes up on the iPad, and then output the presentation itself through Airplay to the AppleTV. While I'd guess this would be obvious and work that way.... the original version of iOS Keynote was lacking in some things so basic, that I won't assume anything from that dev group at Apple.

Anyway, this is really great news for anyone on iOS that gives presentations. All one would need is the iPad, the AppleTV, and maybe a cable.... and you are free to roam and present! The only issue might be that the AppleTV only has HDMI, I think. I'm guessing there are a lot of projectors that don't have HDMI... so that might mean also bringing a projector. Of course, many places don't have good projectors if they have one at all, so that might be often required anyway.

#23 JonathanHuber

JonathanHuber

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, Greek
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

The video mirroring is shown around the 3:55 mark in Apple's video about iOS 5 (http://www.apple.com....html#video-ios). Forstall does specifically say "ipad 2", so it might not be an option for some other ios devices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users