2 replies to this topic

#1 Woty Regan

Woty Regan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:58 PM

I need to edit some word documents that contain Hebrew -- I can't use Mellel because I need to send them back in editable form to a Windows user.

This is completely impossible in Mac Word, and if it's possible in Open Office, I have not figured out how to do it.

I'd like to avoid running Windows in a virtual machine, because that would be tiresome and expensive since I'd have to buy virtualization software, Windows, and Word.

Does anyone know if Hebrew editing and typing will work properly in Word running in CrossOver?

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:28 AM

Mellel both imports and exports Word format; you may lose some styling, but the Hebrew will survive intact.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:34 AM

It is also possible to use Hebrew in OpenOffice.org. In general, saving to .doc format isn't perfect, although I've not had major problems. I've not had to do that with documents involving right-to-left languages, so I'm not sure how well those save.

I can point you to some resources on using Hebrew with OpenOffice.org (and the related NeoOffice) if you'd like.

Lorinda

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users