• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Bible School Director
    Missionary educator
    Mac enthusiast
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

Hello,

I know I can search for a set of verses by typing in the reference. However, is there a way to search for a starting verse and to the end of the chapter. For example, let's say I want to look for the verses in John 1, starting from verse 18 to the end of the chapter. If I don't know off hand what the last verse is, am I able to use some type of symbol or key sequence to perform this search?

Thanks,

Stephen

#2 Steve Lo Vullo

Steve Lo Vullo

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Hello,

I know I can search for a set of verses by typing in the reference. However, is there a way to search for a starting verse and to the end of the chapter. For example, let's say I want to look for the verses in John 1, starting from verse 18 to the end of the chapter. If I don't know off hand what the last verse is, am I able to use some type of symbol or key sequence to perform this search?

Thanks,

Stephen

I think adding ff at the end of the reference will give you what you want (e.g., jn 1:18ff).
Steve Lo Vullo

#3 Steve Lo Vullo

Steve Lo Vullo

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

I think adding ff at the end of the reference will give you what you want (e.g., jn 1:18ff).

By the way, adding one f will give you your reference and the following verse only.
Steve Lo Vullo

#4 JonathanHuber

JonathanHuber

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, Greek

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

By the way, adding one f will give you your reference and the following verse only.

These commands (f and ff) work for both chapter and book searches as well. For example, "John 8f" will yield "John 8-9" and John 8ff will yield John 8 to the rest of the book. Similarly, "John f" (notice that the f must be separate from the book name) will yield John-Acts, while "John ff" will yield John-Revelation. These commands are wonderfully useful and I use them constantly.

#5 El Gaucho

El Gaucho

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Bible School Director
    Missionary educator
    Mac enthusiast

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

Wow, what an honor to have my question make it to the daily Accordance blog! Thanks to all who gave the feedback!

Stephen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users