• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brent Lawrence

Brent Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my wife, my kids, my church, the Boston Red Sox, baseball in general, my Macs, golf (when I have time to play).
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:27 AM

Prior to the recent update to Tiger 10.4.5 I had been enjoying a new found speed of importing HTML files into User Tools (6.9.2). I had just finished Ryle's Expository Thoughts on the Gospels. However, after the update, Accordance shuts down every time I try to import an HTML file as a User Tool.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a number of public domain works, I'd like to make into User Tools, but can't do so now. Help.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:54 AM

Yes, you are reporting a new bug, sorry and thank you!

The problem is due to a corruption in User Tool settings. If you delete this file from your Accordance settings folder, you will be able to import new tools and add back your old ones. However, until we fix this bug, the file is liable to get corrupted again. The User Tools themselves are not corrupt, just the settings.

And before you ask, no, I do not normally work all night, I was making sure our son gets up in time for an important flight. ;)
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:08 AM

I was wrong, (not for the first time), this IS a bug but it is intermittent and not due to the settings. It is something in the HTML of certain texts. If you cannot get it to work you might try using a different program to save the HTML, as they vary so much.

We will correct the bug for the next rev.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 Brent Lawrence

Brent Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my wife, my kids, my church, the Boston Red Sox, baseball in general, my Macs, golf (when I have time to play).
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:40 AM

You are right. I tried a test file of one that had been imported successfully prior to the 10.4.5 update and it worked. The other files did not come from the same place and likely were not created with the same program or HTML format.

I love the import from HTML because of it's ability to handle automatic Scripture linking. In fact, I love the User Tool and User Notes feature in Accordance. I've been down a few Bible Software paths and Accordance affords me the flexibility to integrate my own material into it as a searchable module.

I had no excuse for being up at that hour, I'm just a hopeless night owl.

Edited by Brent Lawrence, 21 February 2006 - 11:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users