#1 SteveP

SteveP

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

I know I had put this in here somewhere, but a search didn't turn up any topics, so I will re-add it because the updates so far have not addressed the issue.

I REALLY would like to have the "flick" scrolling speed increased substantially. When I am in a text and I want to move through it, just as I would through a long web page in Mobile Safari, for example, the scrolling seems to be more like a lead balloon being dragged along than a document that flicks, slowly glides to a stop.

What is most interesting is that in the Library list the scrolling is excellent, working just as I would expect, but yet in the text windows it is nigh on unusable for me on the iPad.

I have a list of other "features", and this is really just an "aesthetic" issue, but it REALLY bugs me. :)

-Steve
SteveP

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,879 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

I know I had put this in here somewhere, but a search didn't turn up any topics, so I will re-add it because the updates so far have not addressed the issue.

I REALLY would like to have the "flick" scrolling speed increased substantially. When I am in a text and I want to move through it, just as I would through a long web page in Mobile Safari, for example, the scrolling seems to be more like a lead balloon being dragged along than a document that flicks, slowly glides to a stop.

What is most interesting is that in the Library list the scrolling is excellent, working just as I would expect, but yet in the text windows it is nigh on unusable for me on the iPad.

I have a list of other "features", and this is really just an "aesthetic" issue, but it REALLY bugs me. :)

-Steve

One of the programmers can chime in on specifics if they have time, but this is a known item for the future. The underlying issue doesn't affect the library, which is why you don't notice it. :-)

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#3 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,668 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:59 AM

One of the programmers can chime in on specifics if they have time, but this is a known item for the future. The underlying issue doesn't affect the library, which is why you don't notice it. :-)

Tried the iOS on my wife last night. She prefers the page turn in iBooks [though I can't see how it would be appropriate for our modules on the iOS]. Still, I thought I'd report it here. I will say that flipping a page is inherently faster than scrolling, as the processor does not have to create intermediate displays on the fly. I suspect that is why the parallel pane just "jumps" to the proper place when scrolling, rather than following the main pain as it scrolls.

When recording the iPad screen, I can easily see the text blurring while scrolling.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users