#1 Jonathan Navarro

Jonathan Navarro

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Biblia, Teología.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:02 AM

First I want to present me, I am Jonathan from Barcelona (Spain) evangelical Spanish version of Brotherhood of Plymouth (perhaps in the future we'll be Baptist :blink: ) I am 30 years old, married and with a baby.

please forgive my so bad English

Although I can read the English I go somewhat slow, so I propose for the Spanish speaking users the Biblioteca electrÛnica Caribe. Perhaps it is not realy scholarly compared with other modules that already arranges Accordance, but when someone that uses Spanish perfectly wants to work agile he is a great aid, this library he includes (in boldface what I consider more interesting) :

´Bible Fulness (Plenitud)ª
´Bible of the Newspaper to Live (Diario Vivir)ª
´Nuevo Biblical Dictionary Illustratedª
´Diccionario of Words of the Old and New Testament of Vine'sª
´New Dictionary of Religions, Denominations and Sectsª
´Manual of Spiritual Warª
´Encyclopedia ilustrasa of realities of the Bibleª
´Agreement Strongª
´1200 biblical Sketchesª
Twelve guides of the series ´Life in Fulnessª
Five volumes of the ´Sketches Expositives of the Bible of Wiersbeª.

Regards

http://store.mercado...m/bibelcar.html

Edited by Jonathan Navarro, 17 May 2005 - 03:03 AM.

When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain.
(Rom. 15:28, KJV)

#2 Roger

Roger

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, Cristian resources in Spanish, Creation Science, Technology for the Church, Church Audio Technician.
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:56 AM

Let me echo Jonthan Navarro's plea for more resources in Spanish, especially Bible texts. The single most important Spanish text missing from Accordance is, of course the NVI (Nueva Version Internacional), which is the Spanish version of the NIV.

People are amazed when I show them what accordance can do, but then they ask to see the NVI module, and are sorely dejected when I inform them it is not available ... yet.

I was really surprised to see Accordance add the Navarra Spanish Bible, which as far as I can tell, no one in Latin america has read it or even heard of it (the Bible bookstores in Chile and Mexico don't even bother to stock it!), and has not yet added the NVI, which has had phenomenal acceptace throughout Latin America since it was released 7 yeas ago. I suppose someone offered to finance the Navarra module and the NVI wants to charge Accordance for the priviledge of publishing a module?

As soon as the NVI is available, go ahead and bill me for a copy!

Thanks,
Roger
Roger Dye
Viña del Mar, Chile

#3 Jonathan Navarro

Jonathan Navarro

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:48 AM

Hola Roger, es un placer saludar a otro usuario de Accordance que habla espaÒol, que el SeÒor te bendiga!

Hello Roger, is a pleasure to greet to another user of Accordance that speaks Spanish, blessings!!

:)
When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain.

#4 Roger

Roger

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Digital photography, Cristian resources in Spanish, Creation Science, Technology for the Church, Church Audio Technician.
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:54 AM

°Hola, amigo! What Accordance resources have you found most helpful in Spanish?
Roger Dye
Viña del Mar, Chile

#5 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,021 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:43 PM

We are trying to track down the rights to the NVI and will make it available ASAP.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#6 David Voth

David Voth

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:music, web design, photography, Spanish

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:42 PM

I would also be interested in the NVI. Anything new to report?

David Voth

Mac OS X Mavericks, iOS 7

#7 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

Yes, we do now have the etext and plan to release it soon for download. Thank you for your patience.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#8 AlejandroBotta

AlejandroBotta

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew Bible - Jewish Studies

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:06 AM

Hola Roger,

The Biblia de Navarra was published just recently. It seems that it is a sectarian Opus Dei project. I work with the Bible Societies in Spain and they did not know about its existance ....

"Uno de los esfuerzos más extravagantes para presentar a Escrivá de Balaguer como a un hombre de gran sabiduría y discernimiento es la Biblia Navarra, de la cual han aparecido dos volúmenes hasta ahora en versión inglesa, naturalmente, en una editorial del Opus, la Four Courts Press en Blackrock, Co., Dublín. La idea de una traducción y comentario a la Biblia «accesible a un amplio número de lectores», dice el prefacio, fue un «proyecto encomendado [a la Universidad de Navarra] por el celo apostólico del fundador de la universidad y primer canciller, monseñor Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer».

El comentario cita a muchas autoridades, pero ninguna de ellas un erudito bíblico contemporáneo de una reputación reconocida por sus iguales en el campo de la exégesis bíblica. En lugar de eso hay amplias citas del «magisterium», la enseñanza oficial de papas y concilios, y de escritores cristianos antiguos de gran reputación, como Agustín, Juan Crisóstomo o Tomás de Aquino. Y de Escrivá. Es citado al lado de estas lumbreras como si fuera su igual."

http://www.opuslibro.../capitulo_9.htm

Let me echo Jonthan Navarro's plea for more resources in Spanish, especially Bible texts. The single most important Spanish text missing from Accordance is, of course the NVI (Nueva Version Internacional), which is the Spanish version of the NIV.

People are amazed when I show them what accordance can do, but then they ask to see the NVI module, and are sorely dejected when I inform them it is not available ... yet.

I was really surprised to see Accordance add the Navarra Spanish Bible, which as far as I can tell, no one in Latin america has read it or even heard of it (the Bible bookstores in Chile and Mexico don't even bother to stock it!), and has not yet added the NVI, which has had phenomenal acceptace throughout Latin America since it was released 7 yeas ago. I suppose someone offered to finance the Navarra module and the NVI wants to charge Accordance for the priviledge of publishing a module?

As soon as the NVI is available, go ahead and bill me for a copy!

Thanks,
Roger

Alejandro F. Botta, Ph.D. 745 Commonwealth Ave., Box 371
Assistant Professor of Hebrew Bible Boston, MA 02215-1401
Boston University School of Theology http://www.bu.edu/st...taff/botta.html

Tel. 617-353-3063
Fax 617-353-3061

#9 AlejandroBotta

AlejandroBotta

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew Bible - Jewish Studies

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:26 AM

Great! That is really good news Helen!

Are you considering also:

La Biblia del Peregrino (Verbo Divino) -with notes- Perhaps one of the best Spanish translation.
La Biblia de Jerusalén. (Desclee de Brower) -with notes- Another excellent work.
La Biblia Traducción Interconfesional (Sociedad Bíblica de España / BAC) -with notes- The last Spanish ecumencial translation.

Remember.... just a few years..... and Spanish will be spoken all over the US :D
Alejandro F. Botta, Ph.D. 745 Commonwealth Ave., Box 371
Assistant Professor of Hebrew Bible Boston, MA 02215-1401
Boston University School of Theology http://www.bu.edu/st...taff/botta.html

Tel. 617-353-3063
Fax 617-353-3061

#10 Jonathan Navarro

Jonathan Navarro

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:30 AM

Remember.... just a few years..... and Spanish will be spoken all over the US :D

Amen :rolleyes:

#11 David Voth

David Voth

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:music, web design, photography, Spanish

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:33 PM

I just want to say thanks for making the Spanish NVI available.

David Voth

Mac OS X Mavericks, iOS 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users