7 replies to this topic

#1 cdr

cdr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

First of all, I was thrilled to discover Accordance for iOS this morning - I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I have been a long-time fan of Accordance for the Mac - one of the best Mac apps I have used. The integration with the web store and sync with the desktop version is great!!

I skimmed the feature requests but didn't see anything about varying font sizes. If I understand correctly, you can choose one font size for texts and one for reference tools. However, I would like to choose different font sizes for different texts, just as on the Mac. Basically, I want to be able to display Hebrew with a larger font size compared to other texts. On the iPhone, it is a bit more critical to maximise the use of the screen real estate.

Great work!

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,431 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

Greek and especially Hebrew are automatically scaled up from the font size you choose, but individual settings for different texts are not high on the priority list for new features.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

I would like to see the Helena font scaled up a bit more. It seems contracted compared to Verdana, the text I use for English versions. I understand that an option for individual font sizes for each module is a bit much.

Thanks. The app works really well. My hard copy of the Bible doesn't go to church with me anymore.

Edited by Julie Falling, 10 February 2012 - 04:56 PM.

Julia Falling

Accordance 11

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite Acc 11

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

#4 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,131 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

The next version of the iOS app will provide greater control over display settings such as this.

Scott.

#5 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Great. Thanks.

Julia Falling

Accordance 11

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite Acc 11

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

#6 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

Please add option to scale user notes font sizes. I used 14pt font size in my notes in Accordance for Mac. After syncing them to my iPhone 4 my notes looked like for the blind person — very large letters and just a few lines fit in the split screen. I went through almost all of my notes on the Mac and resized font to Verdana 12pt. Spent almost whole day! Now it's hard to read on my MacBook Pro 17" hi-res screen, but they are still little bit too large on my iPhone. Simple scaling would have solved this problem without any need for font size change on the Mac.
“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#7 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

This feature should also make the next release.

Scott

#8 Jim Meek

Jim Meek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

I would like to be able to resize the fonts in the instant-detail pop-up screens. When I access these using the Greek or Hebrew Bibles, the fonts appear to be 21 or 24 point. (I keep my texts at 16 point.) I would like to be able to see more information quicker in the pop-up screen (not have to scroll).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users