Drill Down, Dig Deep

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

[Advanced] Accordance offers three ways to initiate an investigation into biblical data: instant details, triple-click, and search all. Our programmers have recently tweaked the settings of each, allowing Accordance to "drill down" and "dig deep[er]" than ever before.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#2 Chuck Schneider

Chuck Schneider

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:12 AM

Thanks Dr. J, I had no idea that the changes were so significant. Really nice! Time for me to re-arrange my library order.
OSX Yosemite
Version 10.10
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

#3 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:37 AM

Thanks Dr. J, I had no idea that the changes were so significant. Really nice! Time for me to re-arrange my library order.

Yep. I was impressed too. I told the programmers this change was significant enough they should have charged for it! Alas, they thought we should just give it away to our users as a free update. ;-)

Everyone, I have to tell you I have never worked for a company that sought so hard to provide good value to their customers. I've been at the PCA convention here in Virginia Beach, VA this week. I can't tell you how many folks I've heard express their appreciation for our sales and support staff. Makes me proud to be a partner of it all!

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#4 RANorem

RANorem

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Family, Reading, Music

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:37 AM

[Advanced] Accordance offers three ways to initiate an investigation into biblical data: instant details, triple-click, and search all. Our programmers have recently tweaked the settings of each, allowing Accordance to "drill down" and "dig deep[er]" than ever before.

I always look forward to your podcasts, Dr. J. This time I have a question. The podcast shows that when hovering over a reference with the command key held down, the name of the source shows in the Instant Details window along with the source material. My 9.3.3 only shows the source material without the name of the source preceding it. Is there something in the Accordance Preferences that I need to check to get the name of the source material to show? Thanks for your help.

#5 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

No this is automatic. Check that your version is really 9.3.3.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#6 RANorem

RANorem

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Family, Reading, Music

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

No this is automatic. Check that your version is really 9.3.3.

It does say 9.3.3.

Nevermind. I reinstalled from my 9.3.3. installer and that solved the problem. Thanks anyway. Thanks too, for the tremendous updates!

Attached Files

Edited by RANorem, 11 June 2011 - 08:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users