Finding all words unique to Paul

Derek Lewis Knox

I'd like to make a list of all words used at least once in Paul that are not used anywhere else in the New Testament. I know there's a way of doing it, but I can't see my way to it right now.

Thank you very much for your help.

(I'd also like to expand this technique to find, for example, all words found at least once in Matthew but nowhere in Mark or Luke.)

Wait, I think I have done it. It probably is not the most elegant or straightforward method, so maybe someone can show me a more perfect way.

I started by defining two search ranges, "Undisputed Paul" containing "Rom - 2 Cor, Gal, Phil, 1Thess, Philemon" and "NON Undisputed Paul" containing everything else, namely, "Matt-Acts, 2Thess, 1Tim, 2Tim, Titus, Eph, Col, Hebrews-Rev."

Then in two tabs, I performed the following searches.

In GNT-T I searched for * in every verse of "NON Undisputed Paul."

Then in GNT-T 2 I searched for *@-[HITS GNT-T] and got the results I was looking for.

By using the Analysis feature, I got those hits listed in alphabetical order or by order of frequency, both of which are useful.

My main question is this: are there other ways of doing this without defining "funny ranges" the way I did?

Thanks again.

This is the way to do it, although simpler ranges can be defined in the RANGE command.

Archived